- Nearly two months after the previous
update, today I have posted a guide and video on how to downgrade a PS3 4.31 OFW console (including CECH-300x
slims) to 4.30 Rogero v2.03 CFW
using a PS3 Hardware Flasher with no 3.55 needed.
Very easy tutorial. Follow the steps to downgrade a PS3, but when you get to the first step of the USB downgrading part after putting your PS3 into service mode, use Rogero 4.30 CFW v2.03 on the root of the USB with the lv2diag.self to downgrade instead of the 3.55.
So again, no 3.55 ever touches the PS3 during this whole setup! Doing this will also now allow CECH-300x models original slims to be downgraded to 4.30 CFW as long as it never touches 3.55
The whole reason for this was to find out if the E3 fits a CECH-400xx model super slim models, but all I needed was proof that you can downgrade from 4.31 to 4.30 CFW with a flasher.
So if any one out there has an E3 and a new super slim model please test this if it works! You can make back ups of the NOR incase it fails.
Here is proof you can but I still do not know if the CECH-400xx models are compatible since I do not have one.
Files needed for safety and to proceed:
PS3 USB links after NOR editing:
E3 back-up checks links:
- Step 1 - switch pup's with Rogero's 4.30 CFW v2.03 - my link has it set ready
- Step 2 - lv2diag out of factory mode
- PS3 nor dump patcher to fix bad back-ups
- downgrade.bin - makes it rewrite the nor to allow factory mode access
- update.bin - its the Samsung version of the flasher firmware, allows multi-console downgrades.. more than one console in other words
- PS3 Flowrebuilder - decrypts the backups to look and make sure its good
Here is proof of me downgrading to 4.30 CFW no 3.55! My video is not cut but speeds up through the middle since it takes almost 2 hours to prove this. You see every time I drop the camera, fix the E3 and finish the downgrade straight to 4.30 CFW Rogero v2.03 which you will know it's spoofed to 4.31, you can see the install PKG / lastGAME icon after downgrading.
Hint: The E3 always has the ribbon starting under the NOR words (pictured below).
Always test your back ups and even use Flowrebuilder 4.2.2 to reverse decrypt to make sure your back up was good.