- Below is an Unofficial ReActPSN v2.23b fix update for any Rebug 4.XX PS3 CFW users whose USB device is named dev_usb006. I had this issue but managed to patch the ReActPSN ELF.
After failing to get v2.23 ReActPSN
working on 4.30.1 and 4.21.2 Rebug
's, I found out that the ReActPSN ELF had hardcoded dev_usb000 paths.
Since my usb path (and I would assume others too, since it's referenced by Rebug themselves) is dev_usb006, ReActPSN wouldn't work.
I have tried this on Rebug 4.21.2 only, but as long as your usb device is named dev_usb006, and your vsh.self is patched, I see no reason this wouldn't work on other 4.x CFW's.
The same issues as with v2.23 remain. I.e. a message that the system was shut down improperly and that it has to repair filesystem after ReActPSN reboots the PS3.
THIS FIX IS FOR 4.x CFW USERS WHOSE USB DEVICE IS NAMED dev_usb006 ONLY!
Of course you install and run this on your own risk. Credits go to the original creators.
Enjoy the party!
Finally, in related PSN homebrew news today below are some PlayStation Network leaks courtesy of LoOzers
(via boerse.bz/multimedia/konsolen/playstation-1-3/ps3-jailbreak/807245-sammelthread-jailbreak-news-nur-news-und-keine-diskussion-13.html#post7918592 and loozers.lo.ohost.de/d/db), as follows:
- Submit works (changed script)
- New Newstab
- Autoupdate (for the Tool)
- New database
- Small changes
- Some bugfixes
- Already downloaded PKG files will be recognized
- Added Searchbar and Filter
- Minor codechanges and bugfixes
- Progressbar cleanup
You need this Version to load the new database! Start v1.2 and wait for update message pop up!
- Added 3 new types (Wallpaper, Demo, Video)
- Added Cancel option for download
- Added Clickable links in newstab
- Added Package integrity check [Package(MD5) vs. ETag(MD5)]
- PSN links can be copied with ALT+rightclick
- Rap's can be saved easily with one click on the button
As you mentioned the db is now encrypted. This is related to many people who were upset to see their stuff posted on warez sites and other forums by other people. PSN Stuff is a community project, so you have still full access to all the data through the tool.
- fixed language/location Bug
Database should load fine now. You need this update to load the db!
- Rightclick context menu in listview (copy functions and Show Info)
- pkgID integrated (can be found under submit tab)
- Limited number of characters (Submit)
- added new tab "Game Updater"
- pkgID is now accessible from every tab
- added PSP and PSVita support
: It's basically official links from PSN the same any person would download on a PS3 from PSN. Then it has the rap files so you can activate it using ReactPSN. No, you cannot use this on retail as you can't run custom homebrew and most likely never will. And no this will NEVER have fixes. A rap file is a VERY SMALL hex string that is VERY easy to store along with it's PSN links. Fixes can range from 1MB to 20MB as opposed to basically less than 1KB for rap files, no one wants to host all your fixes on their server.