After failing to get v2.23 ReActPSN working on 4.30.1 and 4.21.2 Rebug's, I found out that the ReActPSN ELF had hardcoded dev_usb000 paths.
Since my usb path (and I would assume others too, since it's referenced by Rebug themselves) is dev_usb006, ReActPSN wouldn't work.
I have tried this on Rebug 4.21.2 only, but as long as your usb device is named dev_usb006, and your vsh.self is patched, I see no reason this wouldn't work on other 4.x CFW's.
The same issues as with v2.23 remain. I.e. a message that the system was shut down improperly and that it has to repair filesystem after ReActPSN reboots the PS3.
THIS FIX IS FOR 4.x CFW USERS WHOSE USB DEVICE IS NAMED dev_usb006 ONLY!
Of course you install and run this on your own risk. Credits go to the original creators.
Enjoy the party!
Finally, in related PSN homebrew news today below are some PlayStation Network leaks courtesy of LoOzers (via boerse.bz/multimedia/konsolen/playstation-1-3/ps3-jailbreak/807245-sammelthread-jailbreak-news-nur-news-und-keine-diskussion-13.html#post7918592 and loozers.lo.ohost.de/d/db), as follows:
Submit works (changed script)
Autoupdate (for the Tool)
Already downloaded PKG files will be recognized
Added Searchbar and Filter
Minor codechanges and bugfixes
You need this Version to load the new database! Start v1.2 and wait for update message pop up!
Added 3 new types (Wallpaper, Demo, Video)
Added Cancel option for download
Added Clickable links in newstab
Added Package integrity check [Package(MD5) vs. ETag(MD5)]
PSN links can be copied with ALT+rightclick
Rap's can be saved easily with one click on the button
As you mentioned the db is now encrypted. This is related to many people who were upset to see their stuff posted on warez sites and other forums by other people. PSN Stuff is a community project, so you have still full access to all the data through the tool.
fixed language/location Bug
Database should load fine now. You need this update to load the db!
added new tab “Splitter”
Rightclick context menu in listview (copy functions and Show Info)
From Elegant: It's basically official links from PSN the same any person would download on a PS3 from PSN. Then it has the rap files so you can activate it using ReactPSN. No, you cannot use this on retail as you can't run custom homebrew and most likely never will. And no this will NEVER have fixes. A rap file is a VERY SMALL hex string that is VERY easy to store along with it's PSN links. Fixes can range from 1MB to 20MB as opposed to basically less than 1KB for rap files, no one wants to host all your fixes on their server.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I dont get it... can somebody explain it better... i tried final fantasy 12 but it didn't worked..
Better translation: X-mode import PS2 ISO reActPSN v2.24 brief description
X-mode: run reActPSN v2.4, and press the x button for about 6 seconds
1. x-mode bulk import PS2 ISO up to import 99 at one time.
2. install multiman full version automatically refer to the cover of the PS2, generate PSN icon.
3. Add the installation progress bar, 7MB/s import speed, faster than a install PKG. Have time to do 20M/s.
System requirements: CFW 4.2 above, can PS2 classic game with only reActPSN authorization.
1. click on pkg10 in the SLOTPKG directory under the Windows (99). bat (10) PS2 containers installation file.
PKG pkg files copied to the USB drive under the directory root directory of the installation, depending on your needs, suggested installation order n to 1
2. PS3 insert USB disk, run reActPSN v2.4, and press the x button for about 6 seconds, it automatically generates some directories, also generated a PS2 default authorizations.
3. to copy PS2 ISO file to a USB drive under the/reActPSN/ISOPS2 directory.
PS3 insert USB disk, run reActPSN v2.4, and press the x button for about 6 seconds (x-mode), patience returns to XMB, finish the import.
Files larger than 4G can copy the/dev_hdd0/ISOPS2 directory, do not plug in a USB drive, run reActPSN v2.4 press the x button to import.
Depending on the number you have installed PKG, 99 ISO up to import. ISO support Chinese file name. Supports PS2 games imported into the specified, filename prefix (1 to 9), the absence of any () is in order of file name to import.
For example, (1) Contra. ISO (2) Chessmaster. ISO imported into SOLT SOLT 2 and 1 respectively. Usually only need to perform step 3, you can import a different PS2 ISO, run PS2 games. Has imported the same game it does not repeat the import, save time.
Unfortunately, the PS2 game not in XMB icon displays the modified tip, PS3 PSN game can be. Delete after importing older PS2 saved data, run once, in managing saved data (PS2) have shows real PS2 TITLE ID and the file name of the ISO.
It's just a beta1 version, welcome feedback problems.
Following up on the last update, today Chinese PlayStation 3 developer ccregame has made available ReActPSN v2.24 Beta which now includes PS2 Game ISO (PS2 Classics) encoding support followed by Beta 1 below.
To quote, roughly translated: ReActPSN v2.24 beta import PS2 ISO brief description
1. Click pkg.bat this category to to generate 9 PS2 container installation files under Windows. The the PKG directory under the pkg files are copied to the root directory of U. The RPS200001 SOLT 1.pkg must be copied and installed on the PS3, the remaining eight optional installation.
2. Copy exdata directory to the root directory of U and authorized with reActPSN install, simply install once.
3. PS3 insert U disk, run reActPSN v2.4, and continue to hold down the X button for about 6 seconds, automatically generate some directory, and can also be used to create the following directory manually.
4. PS2 several ISO file is copied to the U disk / reActPSN/ISOPS2 directory. PS3 insert U disk, the run reActPSN v2.4, and continue to hold down the X button for about 6 seconds, the patient returns to the XMB complete the import. Files larger than 4G copyed under / dev_hdd0/ISOPS2 directory, do not insert U disk, run reActPSN v2.4 hold down the X button to import.
According to the PKG the number you just installed, can import up to 9 ISO. Support the the Chinese ISO file name. Supports importing to the PS2 game, before the file name (1-9), if not () are attributed to the file name order import.
For example, (1) True Contra iso (2) chess master. Iso imported into SOLT 1 and SOLT. Usually only need to perform step 4, you can import the PS2 ISO, run PS2 games will not repeat the import has to import the same game, saving time.
Unfortunately, the PS2 game can not be modified prompt displayed in XMB icon PS3 PSN games they can. Delete after import old PS2 save the data, after the first run, manage to save data (PS2) at only real PS2 TITLE ID and ISO file name.
A function, automatically more than one ISO file generation making PKG install package the only game ID (PS2ID), can also display UTF8 Chinese, have been substantially completed, but taking into account the slower on the PS3, they will not provide.
This is just a beta version, welcome feedback problem. About the function of crack EDAT4.0 well-busy recently, less testing, consider authorizing the perfect support for all PSN content, this version does not support.
PS2 class can only be run in 4.21CFW or more and support machine reActPSN authorized. The U disk import PS2 ISO speed is probably about 7M / s, about 3 minutes and 40 seconds to import a 1.3g's game. Black import or run game trial download address, please inform.
From aldostools: ReActPSN v2.24b1 with support for import PS2 ISO from XMB
1. Run the pkg.bat in the SOLTPKG directory to create the PS2 containers installation files ("slots"). Then copy the PKG files to the root of the USB drive and install on them PS3. Depending on your needs, the suggested installation order is n to 1
2. PS3 insert USB device, run reActPSN v2.4 from the XMB, and press the x button for about 6 seconds it will automatically generate some directories, also generate the PS2 default authorizations.
3. Copy PS2 ISO file to a USB drive under the /reActPSN/ISOPS2 directory. PS3 insert USB device, run reActPSN v2.4 from the XMB, and press the x button for about 6 seconds wait until it finish the import andreturns to XMB.
Files larger than 4GB can be copied to the/dev_hdd0/ISOPS2 directory
Do not plug in a USB drive, run reActPSN v2.4 and press the x button to import.
Depending on the number of PKG that you have installed, you can import up to 99 ISOs.
ISO support Chinese file name.
The absence of () is required to import the file name.
To import into a specifed PS2 container include the the number enclosed in parenthesis as prefix. For example, (1) Contra.ISO, (2) Chessmaster.ISO will be imported into slots 1 and 2 respectively.
Usually you only need to perform step 3, when you want to import and run a different PS2 ISO.
If the same game has been imported, it does not repeat the import to save time.
Unfortunately, the new PS2 game does not displays in XMB icon once a game is modified. Delete older PS2 saved data after importing, in Manage saved data (PS2) to shows the real PS2 TITLE ID and the file name of the ISO.
It's just a beta1 version, feedback of problems are welcome.
Finally, from stevorkz: REACTPSN IN 4 EASY STEPS (for you and anyone else having ReActPSN issues)
1. Place your .rap in a folder called "exdata" on a usb flash drive
2. put the flash drive in the usb port closest to the blu ray drive
3. create a user on ps3 called "aa" and log into it
4. while logged into "aa", run reactpsn on the ps3
Done. After that, reactpsn will throw you into your normal profile and you will not have to do that again. Anyone saying this program is too complicated they shouldn't bother with ps2 games for now because it really is as easy as that. If you followed these steps and you still arent getting anywhere then you are using the wrong .rap.
Been looking around, some people on regero 4.30ver 2.05 are saying to get some of the psn games working. they had to login/on to psn wondering if this true for these gta games ? if any 1 knows please post back