After failing to get v2.23 ReActPSN working on 4.30.1 and 4.21.2 Rebug's, I found out that the ReActPSN ELF had hardcoded dev_usb000 paths.
Since my usb path (and I would assume others too, since it's referenced by Rebug themselves) is dev_usb006, ReActPSN wouldn't work.
I have tried this on Rebug 4.21.2 only, but as long as your usb device is named dev_usb006, and your vsh.self is patched, I see no reason this wouldn't work on other 4.x CFW's.
The same issues as with v2.23 remain. I.e. a message that the system was shut down improperly and that it has to repair filesystem after ReActPSN reboots the PS3.
THIS FIX IS FOR 4.x CFW USERS WHOSE USB DEVICE IS NAMED dev_usb006 ONLY!
Of course you install and run this on your own risk. Credits go to the original creators.
Enjoy the party!
Finally, in related PSN homebrew news today below are some PlayStation Network leaks courtesy of LoOzers (via boerse.bz/multimedia/konsolen/playstation-1-3/ps3-jailbreak/807245-sammelthread-jailbreak-news-nur-news-und-keine-diskussion-13.html#post7918592 and loozers.lo.ohost.de/d/db), as follows:
Submit works (changed script)
Autoupdate (for the Tool)
Already downloaded PKG files will be recognized
Added Searchbar and Filter
Minor codechanges and bugfixes
You need this Version to load the new database! Start v1.2 and wait for update message pop up!
Added 3 new types (Wallpaper, Demo, Video)
Added Cancel option for download
Added Clickable links in newstab
Added Package integrity check [Package(MD5) vs. ETag(MD5)]
PSN links can be copied with ALT+rightclick
Rap's can be saved easily with one click on the button
As you mentioned the db is now encrypted. This is related to many people who were upset to see their stuff posted on warez sites and other forums by other people. PSN Stuff is a community project, so you have still full access to all the data through the tool.
fixed language/location Bug
Database should load fine now. You need this update to load the db!
added new tab “Splitter”
Rightclick context menu in listview (copy functions and Show Info)
From Elegant: It's basically official links from PSN the same any person would download on a PS3 from PSN. Then it has the rap files so you can activate it using ReactPSN. No, you cannot use this on retail as you can't run custom homebrew and most likely never will. And no this will NEVER have fixes. A rap file is a VERY SMALL hex string that is VERY easy to store along with it's PSN links. Fixes can range from 1MB to 20MB as opposed to basically less than 1KB for rap files, no one wants to host all your fixes on their server.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I am trying to get ReactPSN to work (first time trying). I am on Rogero 4.40 v1.02 with ReactPSN patch. I made the exdata folder on my usb (fat32), and i made separate user "aa" and ran ReactPSN. I had a lot of RAP files, so as expected, it took a while. It seemed to be successful, as the user name changed and I got the corruption screen blah blah blah. When I try to start a game, it doesn't work. Not only that, it messed up all my actual PSN games I had bought legitimately.
My questions are:
1. Is there a way to crack PSN NPDRM games without ReactPSN (those "fix" pkgs have to come from somewhere, how can I make my own?" ?
2. How can I get my old licenses back, or do I have to wipe and reinstall everything?
3. Why did reactpsn fail?
Simple instruction of importing PS2 ISO with reActPSN v2.24 beta
1. click pkg.bat to generate 9 PS2 shell(or placeholder)pkg installation file under PKG folder. Then copy them to the root of USB drive.PRS200001 SOLT 1.pkg is required, others are optional.(btw, SOLT should really be SLOT, just open pkglist.txt and change every SOLT to SLOT if you like)
2. copy exdata folder to the root of USB drive, and use reActPSN to authorize it, you only have to do it once.
3. plug USB drive to your PS3, run reActPSN v2.4 with holding X button for 6 seconds. This will generate some folders, or you can manually create these folders. (folders are usb:/reActPSN/ISOPS2 and /dev_hdd0/ISOPS2)
4. put your PS2 ISO files in usb://reActPSN/ISOPS2. and plug USB drive to your PS3, run reActPSN v2.4 with holding X button for about 6 seconds, then wait for it to return to XMB to finish importing PS2 ISO to your PS3. For files bigger than 4GB you can copy them into /dev_hdd0/ISOPS2, unplug the USB drive, then reActPSN v2.4 with holding X button for about 6 seconds to import them.
Notes:According to number of the pkgs you've installed earlier, you are able to import the equal number of ISO. (9 if you install all of them).
Chinese ISO file name is supported.
Importing to specified slot is also supported. you can put (1~9) before iso file name to have them imported to slot 1~9. for example, (1) abcd123.iso and (2)efgh456.iso will be imported into slot 1 and 2 accordingly.To change to a game in the slot, you will have to repeat step 4. Games that are already imported will not be imported again.
Unfortunately, PS2 games will not show changes on XMB icon, PSN games on the other hand are able to. (I don't get it here lol)
After you import a game, you need to clear the old PS2 memory card, run the game at least once, so the SAVEDATA (PS2) will display PS2 GAME TITLE ID AND ISO filename.
(to be honest I don't see the benefits of this method. I'll personally stick with Multiman and PS2PLACEHOLDER. it supports unlimited ISOs to be added. only you have to convert the ISO on your PC. Btw, if someone can take a look at ps2classic source and fix it for OSX, it will be much appreciated)