Finally from alphaomega comes what may be a method which allows Sonic Generations and other titles to work, as follows:
1. Install a game demo that works on 3.55 from .pkg file (Resistance 3, Driver San Francisco, many many more) and install it.
2. With FTP, go to the GAME folder where all .pkgs get installed to (sort by date it will be the newest).
3. Copy the param.sfo and eboot.bin to the folder of the full game...
If its Sonic.. WIN.. Game works (Mount in Multiman and run from APP_HOME/PS3_GAME/)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Note: This game is the first generation with md sonic, the corresponding file is genesis.sprx this document did not turn over, so into that game theory may be out, but no one will play with the PS3 md picture of things it.
A brief guide is below:
1. Download fix files (EBOOT.BIN + PARAM.SFO)
2. Replace the original files with the ones in the download.
3. Boot with multiMAN (Select + X method) and Enjoy.