86w ago - Following up on the Biohazard Revival Selection PS3 3.55 / 3.41 CFW Fix, zero233 has now made available a Resident Evil 4 HD English mod using US save data for PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware users... previously the game had English audio and subtitles with menus in Japanese.
To quote: First off, thanks to ray13j for the idea. i can confirm it works. This game can now be played with English subtitles... all that is needed is the US save data of the game so here's what you do.
1. Download the US save data (above)
2. Copy the save to a USB (or use FTP) and start up multiMAN on your PS3 and go to the file manager
3. On the left side navigate to your USB drive and then to the save and on the right side navigate to dev_hdd0/home/0000000X (the X is for your profile id, so it will be different) /savedata/NPJB00084-JPN-000
4. Copy everything except for the PARAM.SFO from your usb to that directory.
5. Load a game from multiMAN, and launch Resident Evil from the XMB. the opening will still be in Japanese but the in game subs will be in English!!!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
This weekend roid clive shared the original Resident Evil 4 & Veronica EBOOT.BIN and PARAM.SFO files, and ryu002003 has made available a Biohazard Revival Selection PS3 3.55 / 3.41 CFW fix for use with the Biohazard Revival Selection JPN PS3 JPMORGAN release (BLJM60372) on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware.
Below are the Biohazard Revival Selection PS3 3.55 / 3.41 CFW fix instructions, to quote:
1) copy file to /PS3_GAME/PKGDIR/PARAM.SFO replace old file
2) copy file to /PS3_GAME/PARAM.SFO
3) you need one disc game bluray in driver loading game Biohazard Revival Selection with multiMAN or another manager
4) install game with icon Biohazard Revival Selection
Instructions for making the Biohazard Revival Selection JPN PS3 JPMORGAN game work:
1. Extract the game with Winrar.
2. Extract again starting from the "jpm-biorev.rar."
3. Enter the folder "PS3_EXTRA/D000" and rename the file to DATA000.PKG DATA000.pkg (pkg must be in lowercase).
4. Enter the folder "PS3_EXTRA/D001" and rename the file to DATA000.PKG DATA001.pkg (pkg must be in lowercase).
5. Now just copy the 2 files and DATA000.pkg DATA001.pkg at the root of a USB stick or external hard drive.
6. 2 pkg install the files through the folder "Install Package Files".
7. Multiman Start any game and go back to the XMB.
8. Start the Biohazard directly from XMB.
The system will say that the game needs the 3.66 FW and ask if you want to edit the PARAM.SFO to 3.55, this time press YES.
The game has English audio and subtitles and menus in Japanese.