10w ago - Following up on their previous updates, today PlayStation 3 hackers Cyberskunk and evilsperm of Team Rebug have updated to Rebug 4.30.2 REX Edition and Rebug Toolbox 02.01.02 with the changes outlined below.
ADDED – Toggle QA support for all 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.31 CFW
FIXED – Bug that stopped LV2 kernel from being reloaded more than once from dev_flash
Finally got Toggle QA up and running.. Sorry about the delay but because of some bad lv1 patching in the recent 431 CFW's causing certain parts of the hypervisor to be out by 0x1000 bytes it was a bit of a pain in theass to make it universal... BUT WE DID..
Finally, below is a 4.30.2 Rebug REX DEFAULTDNB Edition Coldboot Mod Pack from DEFAULTDNB as follows:
Coldboot.raf - See preview.
Coldboot_multi.ac3 - Simple 8 second DNB REBUG intro sound.
Coldboot_stereo.ac3 - Simple 8 second DNB REBUG intro sound.
Original Media: Original Rebug PNG, 2 Edited Rebug PNG's (Edited by myself), Rebug Boot Sound
MP3 (Created by myself)
Editing Boot Image: Open Easy Static Raf Converter, pick your image, edit its position, save.
Editing Boot Sound: Open Xvid4PSP, select a music file, trim to 8 seconds, encode with AC3 640K settings, save once as "coldboot_multi.ac3", then save again as "coldboot_stereo.ac3" so you have 2 ac3 files.
Flashing to PS3:
Reverting: Simply flash the 3 coldboot files from the "Original 4.30.2 REX" folder.
REBUG SCORPION COLOR VARIANTS ADD-ON PACK:
Scorpion logo (PNG format) modded in 9 different colors, with face modded to be real PS button colors.
Pack includes Classic Rebug Scorpion modded with real face colors converted to RAF ready to flash to PS3.
Editing Boot Image: Open Easy Static Raf Converter (from HERE, or my pack ABOVE), pick your image, edit its position, save.
Flashing to PS3:
See video posted above.
Cyberskunk, TizzyT, Glowball1, gliitch, haz367, manster and of course blastleaf
Finally from coldlm: Tips on how to get your Games working on the new Rebug 4.30.2 REX
1. Replace your patched files by the original once including Eboot, and Param.sfo and so on
2. Delete any updates you had before and then download the new available update and install it
3. Some games will now have to be loaded with BD mirror on internal or external what ever your using on Multiman
4. Sn some cases your gonna have to loose your old SaveData for that game, like Tomb Raider, it will not work with the new Rebug even if you do everything above unless you delete your saves, sorry i know it hurts
5. And last of all some have to be reinstalled easy as it is
6. Very important step, right after installing your new CFW, update or reinstall multiman, because a couple of ppl already reported that mM is giving them problems with loading games after updating to the new rebug
7. Good luck and pls add something if you had a problem and got the solution!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
there will be no change in your game, my means why will not lose any game or save data , only cfw will change in your ps3 console, but ya you should have cfw 3.55 kmeaw. if you have 3.55 dongle or any jailbreak firmware than your game will not play in the new firmware without change param iso and eboot file
hey all. i'm thinking of updating from rebug 3.55 to the newest rebug 4.31. is this the best fw or should i go 4.21 rex. all i will be doing is playing games from hdd etc. i haven't used my cfw for a year or more but since metro last light came out i have.lucky it had a 3.55 fix but most new games don't seem to so i'm going to upgrade.
is there any traps to look out for? i'll enable qa then unspoof and install over rebug 3.55 from xmb. i take it i'll need to update mm etc.
so any tips etc. i haven't updated my cfw for along time and don't wanna stuff it. LOL