24w ago - Following up on the previous ReActPSN 2.22 and 2.23 revisions by PlayStation 3 developer eid0dex1, recently gambaa has made available an updated v2.23 which includes support for PS3 CFW 3.41 through 4.30.
To quote: Here is the new ReActPSN made to work with new CFW.
Download and try for yourself!
Hold R1 While running it to backup and convert your rif files to rap files
Hold Circle While running it to generate EDAT files for C00 type demos to convert them to full game! or to fix EDAT files for PS1/minis
Hold Triangle to FIX DLC self files
Hold nothing while running to convert raps on the USB/exdata to .rif files (make new profile named aa before doing this)
From snkysnake: REX 4.21 is a go ^_^ just did it, only problem with this I see is that when ReAct resets itself after doing its thing the PS3 message pops up saying the PS3 was shut down improper and it needs to check file system.
That takes about 2-5min O.o hmmmm any way around that ? If not, I honestly don't care its not that big of deal to me.
From talibo (via tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=3708&start=1000): Fixing Error 80029519 in PS Store Guide
Worked out a solution, to keep my protected savegames, trophies and fix error 80029519 while activating purchased game on PS Store
Here's what i did using CFW 4.30:
1. Install Multiman, will serve as FTP server and file manager
2. Login to PSN, and sync your trophies
3. Create a new user account (on PS3 not PSN)
4. Using FTP server go to hdd0/home/0000000X (your profile having error)
5. Rename the profile that is having the error to /0000000Y (Y being any number other than the two profiles there)
6. Turn off PS3
7. Enter the ps3 recovery menu and Rebuild the database
8. Activate game for the account, test dling/activating purchase game/dlc from PS Store
9. Login your spare user account you created earlier
10. With file manager, /hdd0/home/ (you will notice that there are now 3 accounts 0000000X (rebuilt database account), 0000000Y(original renamed account with your files), 000000Z (the spare account)
11. Copy savedata folder from hdd0/home/0000000Y (original renamed) to hdd0/home/0000000X (new rebuilt account)
12. Rebuild database again using recovery menu
13. Login with your account, check if game saves are there, even test loading a protected save game in-game to be sure (Bayonetta for instance)
14. That's it, from now you can delete folder hdd0/home/0000000Y or keep it as a backup just in case, no rush there
Finally, from joshuab (via ps3repack.com/board/showthread.php?1715-Beginners&p=23362) comes a Beginners Guide to using ReActPSN for 4.xx CFW below as follows:
First off, I take no responsibility if this causes any damage to your ps3 or gets you banned from PSN, both very unlikely in any case.
Also this is my first attempt at creating a guide and I myself have started using reActPSN just a few days ago so any suggestions/corrections from more experienced members are always welcome. Thanks to PatrickBatman, godreborn for their insightful posts and gambaa for reActPSN for 4.xx CFW and the original 3.55 tutorial.
This guide is only for people on REBUG 4.21.1 or Rogero 2.03 as they already have the patched vsh required to use ReActPSN. ReActPSN is an app which can be used to activate / reactivate all your lost PSN content or to activate PSN games posted by other members.
1. To achieve this, you must first have a PSN account. If you have not created one already, do so. After creating your PSN account, activate your ps3 for this account. On the PS3 XMB, go to the PlayStation Network Tab -> Account Management->System Activation->PS3 System
Once your account is activated , go to the PSN Store and download some free content which requires activation. Just before you start to download the content, it will say Activating and then start downloading. If not, try some other content. This is required to create an act.dat file for your PSN account.
You could try:
Back to the future part 1 trial (100kb).
GT5 Scion FR-S '12 (game vehicle)
GT5 Corvette C7 Test Prototype '12 (as above)
Max Payne 3 Gorilla Warfare Pack (game add-on)
Max Payne 3 Disorganized Crime Pack (game level)
If you happen to find or know any other free content that requires activation, post it and I will add it to the guide.
Now confirm that you have the act.dat file for your PSN account.
Sign out of PSN and Open mM's File Manager .
Browse to hdd0/home/0000000X/exdata (The x indicates the profile number on the system)
You should find an act.dat file in this directory.
Open it by pressing X on it.It should have random numbers and alphabet in hexadecimal form.
This means that you now have the required PSN act.dat file.Back it up on your PC as well.
After this step you are no longer required to be online and can log off from PSN/disable network connection if you wish.
2. You are now ready to install ReActPSN.
You can find the ReActPSN for 4.xx CFW here (linked above). Create a new profile on your XMB named aa. This profile is required for using reActPSN and run it from this profile only.
Log in to aa profile from XMB and Install ReActPSN.
Connect your external hard disk on the right port and run it holding down R1 so that it makes ReActPSN folder on usb (and makes 3 necessary files to link PSN act.dat and ReActPSN; ReActSYS.key & 2 act.key).
Your PS3 will reboot. You may be greeted with a message that your ps3 was not shut down properly upon restart. Don't panic.This is normal. Press circle to skip.
Open mM's file manager and browse to hdd0/home/ (You should have a reActSYS.key in this directory).
Open the last 0000000X folder in this directory (This is your aa profile's folder)
Open exdata and you should have act.dat and act.key in this folder.
3. You are now ready to activate PSN content.
Create a folder named "exdata" on the root of your external drive.
Within this folder you must place .rap files for the content you wish to activate. .rap files are files which activate PSN content without containing any information of the original buyer of the content. Do not rename the files , paste them in the exdata folder as they are.
Once done, connect your external drive to the right most port on your PS3. Do not connect multiple USB device , only the drive which contains the exdata folder with .rap files.
Log in to aa profile from the XMB and run reActPSN (no button needs to be pressed if you have only placed .rap files in the exdata folder).
The PS3 will reboot after processing the rap files.This may take a while depending on the number of .rap files.
You may be greeted with a message that your PS3 was not shut down properly upon restart. Don't panic.This is normal.Press circle to skip.
You will notice that the aa profile has changed to ReActPSN. This also contains the number of activated rifs and edats. .rif files are files created from the .rap files by ReActPSN to activate the content for your PS3.
Create the profile aa to use for activating raps in the future.After this you will not be required to create this profile again.
4. You can now install the pkg file for the content
Now login to your normal profile on the XMB and proceed to Install the pkg file for the content you just activated.
The content you installed should now work.
Also if you are installing dlc which is for a different region than the one of your game, you may need to move it to the appropriate folder in hdd0/game
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I am trying to get ReactPSN to work (first time trying). I am on Rogero 4.40 v1.02 with ReactPSN patch. I made the exdata folder on my usb (fat32), and i made separate user "aa" and ran ReactPSN. I had a lot of RAP files, so as expected, it took a while. It seemed to be successful, as the user name changed and I got the corruption screen blah blah blah. When I try to start a game, it doesn't work. Not only that, it messed up all my actual PSN games I had bought legitimately.
My questions are:
1. Is there a way to crack PSN NPDRM games without ReactPSN (those "fix" pkgs have to come from somewhere, how can I make my own?" ?
2. How can I get my old licenses back, or do I have to wipe and reinstall everything?
3. Why did reactpsn fail?
Simple instruction of importing PS2 ISO with reActPSN v2.24 beta
1. click pkg.bat to generate 9 PS2 shell(or placeholder)pkg installation file under PKG folder. Then copy them to the root of USB drive.PRS200001 SOLT 1.pkg is required, others are optional.(btw, SOLT should really be SLOT, just open pkglist.txt and change every SOLT to SLOT if you like)
2. copy exdata folder to the root of USB drive, and use reActPSN to authorize it, you only have to do it once.
3. plug USB drive to your PS3, run reActPSN v2.4 with holding X button for 6 seconds. This will generate some folders, or you can manually create these folders. (folders are usb:/reActPSN/ISOPS2 and /dev_hdd0/ISOPS2)
4. put your PS2 ISO files in usb://reActPSN/ISOPS2. and plug USB drive to your PS3, run reActPSN v2.4 with holding X button for about 6 seconds, then wait for it to return to XMB to finish importing PS2 ISO to your PS3. For files bigger than 4GB you can copy them into /dev_hdd0/ISOPS2, unplug the USB drive, then reActPSN v2.4 with holding X button for about 6 seconds to import them.
Notes:According to number of the pkgs you've installed earlier, you are able to import the equal number of ISO. (9 if you install all of them).
Chinese ISO file name is supported.
Importing to specified slot is also supported. you can put (1~9) before iso file name to have them imported to slot 1~9. for example, (1) abcd123.iso and (2)efgh456.iso will be imported into slot 1 and 2 accordingly.To change to a game in the slot, you will have to repeat step 4. Games that are already imported will not be imported again.
Unfortunately, PS2 games will not show changes on XMB icon, PSN games on the other hand are able to. (I don't get it here lol)
After you import a game, you need to clear the old PS2 memory card, run the game at least once, so the SAVEDATA (PS2) will display PS2 GAME TITLE ID AND ISO filename.
(to be honest I don't see the benefits of this method. I'll personally stick with Multiman and PS2PLACEHOLDER. it supports unlimited ISOs to be added. only you have to convert the ISO on your PC. Btw, if someone can take a look at ps2classic source and fix it for OSX, it will be much appreciated)