- Following up on the ReActPSN v2.20
and ReActPSN PS3 RAP2RIF .RAP to .RIF File Converter
updates, today Chinese PlayStation 3 homebrew developer eid0dex1
has made available ReActPSN v2.22 followed by v2.23 which includes CEX2DEX and DEX2CEX support among the changes outlined below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
(Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links]
To quote, roughly translated: The method is very simple to use, only to start the conversion from CEX! Recommendation: before the conversion must use memdump backup FLASH.
CEX2DEX: The suggested retail machine CEX brush 3.55K (measured rebug3.55 also can), press the arrow keys to run reActPSN v2.23 Right about 8 seconds C2D conversion was successful buzzer three times and automatically restart, upgrade DEX firmware can .
DEX2CEX: DEX brush into itskamel 3.55 version run reActPSN v2.23 and press the arrow keys right about 8 seconds, the buzzer D2C conversion was successful and automatically restart, upgrade the CEX 3.55K firmware can.
Warning: C2D not use machines convert reActPSN v2.23, prohibited the use of this method DEX2CEX conversion C2D when not set the QA on not convert. The only set QA is not set QA extra will beep10 sound bricked ready to downgrade dogs.
Measured 3.55k NOR machine, not networking does not insert U disk, do not upgrade DEX, only to convert more than 40 times, all successfully. DEX2CEX also tried 5,6 times, without any problems. If the conversion process crash the swappable power retry can no crash report of brick, the machine QA extra flag is not set the brick are CEX2DEX when.
- QA extra flag, this version CEX2DEX forces set does not require users to set long as I remember not to touch the DEX environment QA on the line.
- Read and write FLASH from LV1 call the complex to the simple LV2 call conversion a little more stable, a little bit better compatibility, also may support NAND.
- This version is only recommended used in C2D2C2D, and do not recommend starting from DEX, machine QA extra flag is not set in the past C2D the, DEX2CEX will, like brick, or other methods.
- The increased voice prompts CEX2DEX conversion was successful when the buzzer rang three times and restart DEX2CEX conversion was successful buzzer and restart.
- Icon on the right text upgrade prompt (the next version will open automatically, this version also need to manually in DEX debug open This dumping core business on machine conversion success forced to restart in order to display the correct prompt)
This version has increased the support of DEX authorized, running under will vsh.self patch lay the key, after about 30 seconds and restart the arrow keys to remember patching L1 reload authorized CEXDEX Huzhuan. This version also forced on debugSystemUpdate and automatically create a 16 / dev_hdd0/updater/0X directory conversion once CEX2DEX, CEX under the various versions of the system upgrade file. Copied the / dev_hdd0/updater/0X directory, each directory copy a change is easy to remember the name, so that the system upgrade from a hard disk installation. CEXDEX conversion or to read the files on U disk.
Been 300,400,600 wrong version 2.23 dump what 16MFLASH, to rely on CD-ROM insert U disk, running 2.23 and press the arrow keys on the key, three minutes after the U disk there FLASH dump data. Memdump data in conjunction upload, download, together with the PM machine model to me. Need for a NAND the above dump the data, and who has the time, please upload a.
ReActPSN v2.23 Changes:
- Add set QA extra flag when do CEX2DEX.
- v2.23 Only support C2D2C2D.. Not support D2C2D2C.. it will brick your console if you never set QA extra flag before!
- Beep3+reboot CEX2DEX ok, Beep2+reboot DEX2CEX ok.
- Add patch vsh.self to support reActPSN2.0 rap model for all 3.41&3.55MFW.
- Run reActPSNv2.23 and keep pressed BUTTON_DOWN about 8s, after 30s then auto reboot.
ReActPSN v2.22 Changes:
- Add new type NP KEY to Triangle fix mode: 0x4,0x6,0xA,0xD,0x10(3.60)
- ReActPSN v2.22 CEX2DEX DEX2CEX (untested 256M NAND FLASH)
- You need to be on 3.55 with peek and poke patches to switch between CEX and DEX.
- Run reActPSN v2.22 and keep pressed BUTTON_RIGHT about 8s, auto reboot.
- Then you must Do system update to DEX3.55 or CEX3.55!
- Dump and Backup PS3 FLASH first.
- Test it on 3.55K and Itskamel's 3.55 DEX more than 50 times, all is ok.
ReActPSN v2.22 Features:
- The triangle button to crack the mode new 0x4, 0x7, 0xA, 0xD 0x10 the NP KEY support previous versions only support 0x1 type of the NP KEY.
- Retail machine reActPSN v2.22 and development of machines, a key conversion
- Before using this feature, please backup your FLASH!
- All work on the 3.55CFW and peek & poke DEX3.55 firmware.
- Run reActPSN and continued to press the right arrow key about 8 seconds, the machine automatically restart after a successful conversion.
- Retail machine can be converted to a development machine, development machine can also be converted into a retail machine.
- Please upgrade to DEX3.55 or 3.55CFW.
- 256M NAND FLASH models untested 16M models to test the more than 50 times occasionally crash, but no brick.
- Please have the FLASHER tools first try, there are a lot of success without brick report the average user to use this feature.
Answer the following issues of concern with ReActPSN v2.22 in the DEX.
- 2.0 features have the VSH patch.
- Functions theoretically available 2.1 crack OFW. Of DEX some folder write permissions is too low, there is no impact not tested.
- 2.2 features can be used in 3.55 (peek and poke).
256M NAND FLASH models untested 16M models to test the more than 50 times occasionally crash, but no brick.
This will only switch your console back and forth between CEX and DEX firmwares after you have dumped NOR/NAND, EID0 and converted your console to a DEX unit.
(You have to decrypt your EID0 dump to obtain per console key, then use the NOR dump to create a proper DEX flash and flash NOR to create a DEX unit, then you can install DEX firmware.)
This tool makes switches between CEX/DEX firmwares faster I guess, but it won't convert your console to DEX. I should have been more clear about that.