69w ago - Following up on the ReActPSN v2.10 update, this weekend the popular homebrew PSN application from Hotz8611 has been updated for PS3 CFW users to ReActPSN version 2.20 with the changes outlined below.
From the included ReadMe file, to quote: reActPSN v2.20 (TRIANGLE fixed mode update)
1. Compatible with reActPSN v2.00.
2. Changed v2.0 backup file format to one zip file, backup speed fast more than 20 times. Fixed some rap long name bug.
3. Added edat fix mode, this mode works on any CFW, no need aa user or patched vsh.self.
(1) Auto generate XMB purchase full activation edat, no need any raps or official edat files.
Install official LIMBO.pkg TERIS.pkg HCU.pkg,
Run reActPSNv2.10 and keep pressed BUTTON_CIRCLE about 6s, all will be full working.
Higher PS3_SYSTEM_VER also be fixed in SFO files (old save data could not be accessed).
(2) Fix PSone PSP THEME with raps. raps from USB0(1)/exdata/*.rap.
Install official PSone PSP THEME, copy raps to USB0(1)/exdata/ folder (not in subDirs!).
Run reActPSNv2.10 and keep pressed BUTTON_CIRCLE about 6s, all working.
And also fix PARAM.SFO to enable PSP remote, higher PS3_SYSTEM_VER also be fixed.
(3) DLC, in game purchase PSN games now working on this fix mode (not sure for all PSN contents).
Install official 1942.pkg Flower.pkg , copy raps to USB0(1)/exdata/ folder (not in subDirs!),
Run reActPSNv2.20 and keep pressed BUTTON_TRIANGLE about 6s, all will be working,
1942 is full working, Flower still has a error, (press PS KEY) exit to XMB,
Run reActPSNv2.20 again and keep pressed BUTTON_TRIANGLE about 6s, Flower is full working.
DLC also could be fixed with this TRIANGLE mode. As I know, EBOOT.BIN with self.flag=4 does not works, and don't run MM with BDEMU2 mode. All fixed contens maybe still woking on cfw4.0 with data transfer(All signed with .......). TRIANGLE mode only fix dev_hdd0/game/TITLE_ID/ BIN-sprx-edat-EDAT-self files. There is a BUTTON_SQUARE mode searching for all type files, but slowly.
(4) Backup v2.10&v2.20 full fixed PSN contents.
Run reActPSNv2.20 and keep pressed BUTTON_R2 about 6s,
All fixed games(only full working) backup to /dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/FixedNPD
Please use reActPSN v2.00 Raps mode. Only Raps mode works flawlessly for all PSN contents!
XMB purchase-- purchase menu is in XMB. CFW3.55, target PSN LOGO, press BUTTON_TRIANGLE. Activated with edat and rif, trial and full with one installed package. In game purchase PSN games -- purchase menu is in game, Activated with one rif only.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
1. Install ReactPSN.
2. Get .rap for your game.
3. Create exdata folder in your USB stick and move the .rap file to it.
4. Put the USB stick in your right PS3 USB port (IDK but it worked for me in the left port).
5. Install your game and run ReactPSN.
6. Play the game.
Forgot to mention that before running ReactPSN you need to create new user named aa. And then login to your user.
1. Make sure you have exdata folder in your root USB, and inside it have .rap for the game you want to activate it's DLC
2. In your original user, install reactPSN (just install it, but don't run it)
3. Next create new user, log in into this user and rename it to 'aa' (without '') after that run reactPSN from this user (don't press anything)
4. Your screen will be black for awhile (depend for how many .rap you have) after that your PS3 will restart
5. Now your 'aa' user name should be changed to something long
ReactPSN is great, and I appreciate the work of the devs.. but it seems abandoned? Cue the "do it yourself" and other stupid comments but ReactPSN is like a beta test version of what could be the ultimate PS3 app behind MultiMan.
holding O for some games, X for others, nothing for most
files deactivated if not removed and ReactPSN is run again with new files
no overview or oversight what rap files are installed for which games
no updates for ages, abandoned?
Sure, it works.. but it's a complete mess. Have the devs given up on it? Why not add a proper GUI and skip all the messing around with aa profiles and holding down buttons and not knowing what is and isn't installed? It wouldn't take more than a few hours.
I say all this because there is so much wasted potential... like I said, with a bit of work ReactPSN could be the #2 PS3 app that everyone with CFW has installed. No more waiting for cracks or fixes, and 10MB/s downloads straight from the Sony servers would be the norm instead of slow torrents and rip-off one-click hosters.