71w ago - Following up on the previous release by PlayStation 3 developer Hotz8611, today the popular homebrew PSN application ReActPSN has been updated to version 2.10 for PS3 3.55 CFW users which requires no VSH patching and no aa user among the changes outlined below.
The update also allows users to convert PSN demos to full games without RAPS and EDAT files, and to quote from the included ReadMe file:
1. Compatible with reActPSN v2.00.
2. Changed v2.0 backup file format to one zip file, backup speed fast more than 20 times. Fixed some rap long name bug.
3. Added edat fix mode, this mode working on any CFW, no need aa user or patched vsh.self.
(1) Auto generate XMB purchase full activation edat, no need any raps or official edat files. Install official LIMBO.pkg TERIS.pkg HCU.pkg, Run reActPSNv2.10 and keep pressed BUTTON_CIRCLE about 6s, all will be full working. Higher PS3_SYSTEM_VER also be fixed in SFO files (old save data could not be accessed).
(2) Fix PSone PSP THEME with raps. raps from USB0(1)/exdata/*.rap. Install official PSone PSP THEME, copy raps to USB0(1)/exdata/ folder(not in subDirs!). Run reActPSNv2.10 and keep pressed BUTTON_CIRCLE about 6s, all working. And also fix PARAM.SFO to enable PSP remote, higher PS3_SYSTEM_VER also be fixed.
(3) DLC, in game purchase PSN games not working on this fix mode. Please using reActPSN v2.00 raps mode. Raps mode is flawless!
ReActPSNv 2.00 - First OFFLINE PSN license generator.
Backup license without any private information.
Power on PS3, Running of all PSN contents same as official activation.
reActPSNv 2.0 must needs an 8byte patch for vsh.self.
Compatible with reActPSN v1.11.
Working on CFW3.41&CFW3.55, 256M NAND ROM model no tested!
Maybe not work on:
256M NAND FlashRom consoles (no tested),
OtherOS++ (this cfw seems does not support PSN game activation)
Virgin PSN console with cfw3.55K
(Never login PSN before, error 80010601. please upgrade it to rebug3.55)
This tool only reactivates reActPSN1.10 or later version backup's exdata.
Backup location: dev_usb000/reActPSN/BK00xx, act.dat act.key xx.rif, private data backup. Don't share it.
Backup location: dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata, only xx.edat and xx.rap(16B), without any private information.
This tool has 8 functions.
1. Create new user aa, copy exdata folder (xx.edat xx.rap or any subfolders with v1.10 v2.0 backup) to dev_usb000 or dev_usb001 root. Run it, it will regenerate license from usb exdata to /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x(aa user)/, And rename aa user name to "reActPSN 2.0 xx.rif xx.edat",when finished then auto reboot.
2. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_CIRCLE about 6s, it does make a forced full backup to dev_usb000/reActPSN/BKxxxx. xx.edat xx.rap also backup to dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata folder. (changed this to edat fix mode after ver2.10)
3. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_L1 about 6s, it does make a forced license generation from dev_usb000(1)/exdata to user "reActPSN 2.0 xx"
4. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_L2 about 6s, xx.edat xx.rap also backup to dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata folder.
5. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_R1 about 6s, it does make a forced full backup to dev_usb000/reActPSN/BKxxxx. xx.edat xx.rap also backup to dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata folder.
6. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_R2 about 6s, it does make a lv2 dump to /dev_usb000/dump.bin
7. Run it once time when you log in yourself or replayGamesN_Cyyyy user account, it will reactivate yourself or all same yyyy users license. don't use this function again. But it also restores act.dat from act1.dat.
8. Run it, you can't login PSN again. All important information send to PSN is random! (Faked ID)
TUT for how to run full PSN games:
1. Install reActPSN v2.00
2. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_R1 about 6s, make a forced full backup to dev_usb000/reActPSN/BKxxxx. Backup xx.edat xx.rap to dev_usb000/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata folder.
3. Download vsh.self patched package, patch your CFW.
3. Import license from exdata folder. Copy exdata folder to USB media root, inserted it to dev_usb000 or dev_usb001 port. Create a new ps3 account aa. Run reActPSN, auto reboot.
4. Delete all replayGamesN_Cyyyy (v1.1x generation) user account.
5. Enjoy official PSN games now, Run PSN games.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
After failing to get v2.23 ReActPSN working on 4.30.1 and 4.21.2 Rebug's, I found out that the ReActPSN ELF had hardcoded dev_usb000 paths.
Since my usb path (and I would assume others too, since it's referenced by Rebug themselves) is dev_usb006, ReActPSN wouldn't work.
I have tried this on Rebug 4.21.2 only, but as long as your usb device is named dev_usb006, and your vsh.self is patched, I see no reason this wouldn't work on other 4.x CFW's.
The same issues as with v2.23 remain. I.e. a message that the system was shut down improperly and that it has to repair filesystem after ReActPSN reboots the PS3.
THIS FIX IS FOR 4.x CFW USERS WHOSE USB DEVICE IS NAMED dev_usb006 ONLY!
Of course you install and run this on your own risk. Credits go to the original creators.
Enjoy the party!
Finally, in related PSN homebrew news today below are some PlayStation Network leaks courtesy of LoOzers (via boerse.bz/multimedia/konsolen/playstation-1-3/ps3-jailbreak/807245-sammelthread-jailbreak-news-nur-news-und-keine-diskussion-13.html#post7918592 and loozers.lo.ohost.de/d/db), as follows:
Submit works (changed script)
Autoupdate (for the Tool)
Already downloaded PKG files will be recognized
Added Searchbar and Filter
Minor codechanges and bugfixes
You need this Version to load the new database! Start v1.2 and wait for update message pop up!
Added 3 new types (Wallpaper, Demo, Video)
Added Cancel option for download
Added Clickable links in newstab
Added Package integrity check [Package(MD5) vs. ETag(MD5)]
PSN links can be copied with ALT+rightclick
Rap's can be saved easily with one click on the button
As you mentioned the db is now encrypted. This is related to many people who were upset to see their stuff posted on warez sites and other forums by other people. PSN Stuff is a community project, so you have still full access to all the data through the tool.
fixed language/location Bug
Database should load fine now. You need this update to load the db!
added new tab “Splitter”
Rightclick context menu in listview (copy functions and Show Info)
pkgID integrated (can be found under submit tab)
Limited number of characters (Submit)
added new tab "Game Updater"
pkgID is now accessible from every tab
http://rghost.net/43284003 / http://temp-share.com/show/KdPf0UpFh (Mirror)
http://rghost.net/43329920 / http://temp-share.com/show/gFHKrZo3Y (Mirror)
http://rghost.net/43366466 / http://temp-share.com/show/HKdPG3LCA (Mirror)
http://rghost.net/43467112 / http://temp-share.com/show/Pf3Y3AOj2 (Mirror)
http://rghost.net/43576795 (Will be integrated with the next update from PSN Stuff. Content ID = rap/rif name)
From Elegant: It's basically official links from PSN the same any person would download on a PS3 from PSN. Then it has the rap files so you can activate it using ReactPSN. No, you cannot use this on retail as you can't run custom homebrew and most likely never will. And no this will NEVER have fixes. A rap file is a VERY SMALL hex string that is VERY easy to store along with it's PSN links. Fixes can range from 1MB to 20MB as opposed to basically less than 1KB for rap files, no one wants to host all your fixes on their server.
reactpsn 2.23+rex 4.21.2 works fine minus the "required" rebuild after reboot, ignoring the system not shutdown correctly by hitting "O" didn't boot into XMB, then again the rifs and reactpsn account are working/updated, the restore/rebuild put me off a little tho...
any tips on running it without any error would be great.. yhx!