100w ago - Following up on the previous release by PlayStation 3 developer Hotz8611, today the popular homebrew PSN application ReActPSN has been updated to version 2.10 for PS3 3.55 CFW users which requires no VSH patching and no aa user among the changes outlined below.
The update also allows users to convert PSN demos to full games without RAPS and EDAT files, and to quote from the included ReadMe file:
1. Compatible with reActPSN v2.00.
2. Changed v2.0 backup file format to one zip file, backup speed fast more than 20 times. Fixed some rap long name bug.
3. Added edat fix mode, this mode working on any CFW, no need aa user or patched vsh.self.
(1) Auto generate XMB purchase full activation edat, no need any raps or official edat files. Install official LIMBO.pkg TERIS.pkg HCU.pkg, Run reActPSNv2.10 and keep pressed BUTTON_CIRCLE about 6s, all will be full working. Higher PS3_SYSTEM_VER also be fixed in SFO files (old save data could not be accessed).
(2) Fix PSone PSP THEME with raps. raps from USB0(1)/exdata/*.rap. Install official PSone PSP THEME, copy raps to USB0(1)/exdata/ folder(not in subDirs!). Run reActPSNv2.10 and keep pressed BUTTON_CIRCLE about 6s, all working. And also fix PARAM.SFO to enable PSP remote, higher PS3_SYSTEM_VER also be fixed.
(3) DLC, in game purchase PSN games not working on this fix mode. Please using reActPSN v2.00 raps mode. Raps mode is flawless!
ReActPSNv 2.00 - First OFFLINE PSN license generator.
Backup license without any private information.
Power on PS3, Running of all PSN contents same as official activation.
reActPSNv 2.0 must needs an 8byte patch for vsh.self.
Compatible with reActPSN v1.11.
Working on CFW3.41&CFW3.55, 256M NAND ROM model no tested!
Maybe not work on:
256M NAND FlashRom consoles (no tested),
OtherOS++ (this cfw seems does not support PSN game activation)
Virgin PSN console with cfw3.55K
(Never login PSN before, error 80010601. please upgrade it to rebug3.55)
This tool only reactivates reActPSN1.10 or later version backup's exdata.
Backup location: dev_usb000/reActPSN/BK00xx, act.dat act.key xx.rif, private data backup. Don't share it.
Backup location: dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata, only xx.edat and xx.rap(16B), without any private information.
This tool has 8 functions.
1. Create new user aa, copy exdata folder (xx.edat xx.rap or any subfolders with v1.10 v2.0 backup) to dev_usb000 or dev_usb001 root. Run it, it will regenerate license from usb exdata to /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x(aa user)/, And rename aa user name to "reActPSN 2.0 xx.rif xx.edat",when finished then auto reboot.
2. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_CIRCLE about 6s, it does make a forced full backup to dev_usb000/reActPSN/BKxxxx. xx.edat xx.rap also backup to dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata folder. (changed this to edat fix mode after ver2.10)
3. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_L1 about 6s, it does make a forced license generation from dev_usb000(1)/exdata to user "reActPSN 2.0 xx"
4. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_L2 about 6s, xx.edat xx.rap also backup to dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata folder.
5. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_R1 about 6s, it does make a forced full backup to dev_usb000/reActPSN/BKxxxx. xx.edat xx.rap also backup to dev_usb000(1)/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata folder.
6. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_R2 about 6s, it does make a lv2 dump to /dev_usb000/dump.bin
7. Run it once time when you log in yourself or replayGamesN_Cyyyy user account, it will reactivate yourself or all same yyyy users license. don't use this function again. But it also restores act.dat from act1.dat.
8. Run it, you can't login PSN again. All important information send to PSN is random! (Faked ID)
TUT for how to run full PSN games:
1. Install reActPSN v2.00
2. Run it and keep pressed BUTTON_R1 about 6s, make a forced full backup to dev_usb000/reActPSN/BKxxxx. Backup xx.edat xx.rap to dev_usb000/reActPSN/pubPSN/exdata folder.
3. Download vsh.self patched package, patch your CFW.
3. Import license from exdata folder. Copy exdata folder to USB media root, inserted it to dev_usb000 or dev_usb001 port. Create a new ps3 account aa. Run reActPSN, auto reboot.
4. Delete all replayGamesN_Cyyyy (v1.1x generation) user account.
5. Enjoy official PSN games now, Run PSN games.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I have downloaded some DLC (WWE SvR 2011) on my OFW PS3. I then did a Data Transfer to my CFW PS3.
Now the DLC has transferred but obviously can't be used until activated. Is this possible using ReAct 2.0 ?
No offence to the OP but the steps in the original post are confusing. I tried following the instructions and installing the patched VSH.SELF (I'm on REBUG 3.55.2 Update 4) but after replacing the VSH.SELF file my PS3 just red screened.
I'm no good at writing tutorials but I'll give it a go shortly and write it step by step of how I got it working.
Red Screen is when a important file is corrupt. It comes up with a red screen saying something about files are corrupt and needs to be taken to a technician. Just goto recovery menu and reinstall CFW. (Power off, hold power till it turns off then hold power again till the 4 beeps. Then the bottom option, Install firmware) Just make sure there is no disc in the drive and you choose the right firmware.
Yea the act.dat no longer gets deleted so all PSN games and DLC will work after reboot without any need for other things.
This is my first tutorial.
This is what I did and it works. ACT.DAT no longer gets deleted so all PSN and DLC now work without the need to keep on replacing the act.dat. I haven't tested this with a 2nd hand DLC yet but it says it will work. Will test that another time.
I'll do my best to make this understandable.
1, install devblind (or Multiman)
2, run devblind or multiman
3, run FTP or again multiman
4, goto /dev_blind/vsh/module/ and copy VSH.SELF to your PC
5, BACKUP VSH.SELF somewhere else. (I actually rename it on the PS3. VSH.SELF.BACKUP)
6, install CYGWIN on PC Make sure you have the PS3tools installed as well.
7, in CYGWIN run this "unself vsh.self vsh.self.elf"
8, rename the original VSH.SELF to VSH.SELF.0
9, with a HEX editor open VSH.SELF.ELF
10, I'm guessing your on 3.55 retail so do this.
11, find "4b cf 5b 45" change to "38 60 00 00"
12, find "48 31 b4 65" change to "38 60 00 00"
13, save file
14, in CYGWIN run this "self_rebuilder vsh.self.elf vsh.self vsh.self.0"
15, back to the FTP, copy that new VSH.SELF back to PS3
16, make sure ACT.DAT is in the correct directory. /HDD0/home/00000001\exdata
17, cross fingers and reboot PS3
If it does red screen all that means is the VSH.SELF is corrupt and you probably did something wrong. Just goto recovery menu and reinstall firmware. (turn off PS3, hold power till it turns off, hold power again till the 4 beeps, bottom option INSTALL FIRMWARE)
I got most of this from the first post but tried to make it easier to understand. Thats to the reActPSN devs and whoever else helped with it and the app.
I red screened using the premodified VSH.self so I did it this way and it worked.
Hi spunkybunny, I really need your help since I am in the similar situation. I have backup my act.dat before I move onto a new hdd, and as I expected, the act.dat got deleted on every boot of PS3 (maybe checksum of new hdd and old hdd not matching something in the ps3 sys? I am not a pro so I don't understand why this is happening)
From your post, I see that you successfully made it to not getting delete on every boot. Can you show me step by step how you've done that? The tutorial in the first post is very confusing and have multiple points/step repeating themselves. I don't seems to understand them (maybe because it's translation from chinese?). I have basic knowledge of file copying and devblind usage in multiman, so hopefully you can help me to go through your steps. I have 3.55 kmeaw cfw though.
What do you mean by red screen? Will that brick the ps3? Where does the red screen happen? Is that recoverable?
As I stated I am using 3.55 kmeaw cfw, so do I need to edit the vsh.self manually? If so, how? (text editor?)
How i can edit this file manually (which program). I have my act.dat can i put it in the exdata folder, edit the vsh.self and after reboot the act.dat is in the exdata folder forever?
After some tests and red screens i made it. I used multiman with the dev_dlind option, activate it copy vsh.self in the right place and deactivate dev_blind option in multiman then copy the act.dat in the exdata folder. Reboot and the Psn Games still activ.Expect for a few games are demos now. From ca. 70 psn games are 6 games demos.