- Following up on his previous
release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer RazorX
has made available PS3Ultimate PS3 TV Application v1.02 followed by v1.03, v1.04, v1.06, v1.07, v1.08 and v1.09 allowing users to watch TV from the PlayStation 3 entertainment system using an XML file modification.
Download: PS3Ultimate TV Section v1.02 PKG
/ TV Section (TV) v1.01.zip
/ TV Section (VIDEO) v1.01.zip
/ PS3Ultimate TV Section v1.03 PKG
/ TV Section (TV) Original.zip
/ TV Section (VIDEO) Original.zip
/ PS3Ultimate TV Section v1.04 PKG
/ PS3Ultimate TV Section v1.06 PKG
/ PS3Ultimate TV Section v1.07 PKG
/ TV Section (TV) v1.07.zip
/ TV Section (VIDEO) v1.07.zip
/ PS3Ultimate TV Section v1.08 PKG
/ PS3Ultimate TV Section v1.09 PKG
/ PS3Ultimate TV RSS
To quote: Hi all, today I've brought you my simple TV app for those of you who are sick of having no TV section now you will have with this app I've setup for you.
- all you have to do is replace your category_tv.xml with the one i have provided in TV Section (TV) v1.01.zip
- if you want it in your TV category or if you prefer it in your Video category just replace your category_video.xml with the one I provided in the TV Section (VIDEO) v1.01.zip but don't use both
- you can replace your XML file by mounting your flash with a program or through multiman then replacing it
- then install the PKG file and your done
- simply go to your TV or Video category on your PS3 and you now have some TV channels
- also if your TV category is disabled this should enable it
v1.03 Update Changelog:
- Added Movies section
- Added Info section
v1.04 Update Changelog:
v1.05 Update Changelog:
- Added PS3Ultimate TV RSS (above)
v1.06 Update Changelog:
- Added TV shows section
- Added IMDB section
- Added Blog section
- Added New Icons
- Added info section
- Added movies section
- Added update section
- Added new channels
- Added HFS (more info below)
- Added/updated movies
- Removed icons from this and future updates to prevent overwriting theme
- Added "standard theme" so icons can be restored to normal
HFS aka HFS HTTP File Server will give you the ability to copy files to your PS3 and stream videos directly to your ps3 it also can be used for much more than this but this is what i use it for also with the modification. i have made you will be able to upload videos you have on your PS3 to your PC.
i have set everything up for you it should be a simple matter of loading. HFS up and adding your files to it you will also need to create a Upload folder on your pc and drag it over onto HFS and right click the folder and set it up as a upload directory so you can upload pictures and with my mod videos from your PS3 to your PC.
i've set the HFS website up as localhost if this doesnt work change localhost to your pc's ip address, for example change localhost to 192.168.0.2 and everything should work perfectly to make it easier for you to change the ip address ive set it up so it reads the website address from the root of your ps3's hdd so please put the hfs.xml in the root of your ps3's hdd so basically it should be put in /dev_hdd0/ this will allow you to easily remember were it is if you need to change the ip address.
Here are the files:
- HFS: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ln606o
- HFS XML File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rlrae7
- PS3Ultimate TV Video Bypass: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ho7m6t
The PS3Ultimate TV Video Bypass contains the dev_flash~vsh~resource~explore~xmb.zip which you install using multiman this will allow you to upload your videos from your PS3 to your PC.
With 1.09 I've updated most of the app from the themes to the movie links and movies. I've also added a links section to tidy the main section up. Ive also added new content including ps3 xil for those who want to use it to add custom channels and tidy up the ps3's main XMB or if your CFW has removed them, then they should be available again. I've also changed the update to a direct link but most of my time and effort has been focused on the movies section.
I decided to release this update a little sooner than I was going to, so remember I'm working on this everyday, so keep checking for updates but remember it can be a slow process and I'm working alone. So please be patient and if you have just installed this update remember to also download and install a theme so everything is up to date.