27w ago - Following up on PS3ITA Manager v1.00, today Italian PlayStation 3 developer Rancid-o has updated his fork of the PS3 homebrew application Iris Manager to PS3ITA Manager v1.10 followed by v1.11 with the changes detailed below.
To quote, roughly translated: We are delighted to announce a new update of our backup manager: Ps3ita Manager.
In addition to other minor changes / additions, this new update incorporates the new feature of "Change console id". The latter allows, with ease, to view your console id and then change it via virtual keyboard on video. Here are the official changes of version 1.10:
Added menu "Network Tools", this includes two new option: "Set new console id", allows you to change the console id with one of your choice, the new id is set automatically when you start PS3ita Manager. "Restore original console id (EID5)", restores the original console id.
Revised the fix for the error 0x80010009. Also added a screen which invites user to wait for the end of the procedure.
"Disc - Less payload" now also supports the CFW 3.55 DEX, 4.21 DEX and 4.30 DEX.
Added 8 new background colors.
Other small graphical additions.
New values in "Fan Control" for fun mode "payload".
English v1.11, 07/06/13
Fixed a small bug that could render an incorrect number of pages in mode 4x3.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Does anyone else have Iris manager make their PS3 go nuts? I'm on Rebug Rex 4.30.2 and it causes the PS3 to apparently heat up so badly the yellow light starts flashing, the fan goes to max immediately. Considering normal fan speed idles around 70C+ on the Cell, a yellow light warning must have been over 90C. Never before have I see this happen in a game or in another program. Nothing like this happens while using Multiman and using a fan controller program keeps the Cell at 64C and the RSX lower.
I forgot to mention this happens in both the animated and non-animated version.
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.45:
1) Added German as a language (thanks toto67)
2) New update Simplified and Traditional Chinese (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Fixed a bug that disallowed games bigfile external USB disk to internal (in cache). We have included a small correction for those games that do not have more than one cached bigfile. Also added warning if it comes to launching the game with BD Emu ON (exite cache inconsistency between games and BD Emu)
4) Added a number of improvements to the FTP server: now warns if you exit the application (attention, if it comes with PS button will not tell) and FTP is conducting a delete function, reading, writing... covering up to 10 seconds from the operation.
It is also equipped with some error messages for that function fails if the network is not started or misconfigured occasional change.
5) Added a new thread manager to perform background tasks, such as icons recharge, now is not done at once, if not staggered. With this, the program gains agility when changing pages.
6) Some users have notified me that REX Rebug 4.21.2 CFW does not work when you press the PS event, so I've gone back to the old method for this firmware.
To mount with Disc-Less need without plugging a device to force an event right in the process that should receive. For that it is necessary to know the Event ID before hand but users are reporting to me and that I do not know the ID or using one that others do not work (in 4.21.2 using an ID that I found)
For this reason it would be desirable to send me the Event ID generated when you plug a USB device for each firmware to know them.