- Following up on yesterday's release
, today Italian PlayStation 3 developer Orion
is back with a PS3 System Manager Plugin for Custom Firmware (CFW) users with details below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
To quote, roughly translated: The developer has released the Orion system manager, an impressive homebrew that lets you control the fan utility to start the console, developed by Estwald and MiralaTijera today and took the form of plug-ins for all CFW CEX COBRA from Orion.
- Compatible with all existing Cobra CFW
- Control fans much improved
- The LED alternates depending on the temperature as the system manger homebrew
- Place the file to your CFW that you find in the archive HDD0
- Place the file in the archive boot_plugins that you find inside the HDD0
- Have fun
You can understand the temperatures of the console by the LEDs:
- Yellow Led Fixed: temperature below 70 degrees
- LED yellow / green flashing temperature above or equal to 70 degrees
- LED red / yellow / green flashing temperature above or equal to 75 degrees
- Estwald / Miaralatijera: Original Developers
- Rancid-o: First dev to have ported plugin for CFW 4.50 DEX
- Orion: Developer of the improved version for all CFW CEX
- SNK / ANK: Tester
: System Manager v1.3 (linked above) increases compatibility with CFW 4.41-4.60-4.65. To quote, roughly translated:
Boys CFW 4.65 is out now, and I feel compelled all that I can, and that's why this is the System Manager v1.3, originally developed by Miralatijera, carried out by Estwald and finally to me.
For those who do not know what the manager is a brilliant system that allows us to perform a self start of the console, and that is used to start the fan control utility to start the console and to prevent USB devices will "fall asleep".
Changelog for System Manager v1.3:
- Added payload for CFW 4.41 CEX
- Added payload for CFW 4.60 CEX
- Added payload for CFW 4.65 CEX
Thanks for the payload to Joonie and Aldo Vargas.
- Open the rar which you can download from the link above.
- Extract the folder "core_install", "core_flags" install_core.pkg and "self" on a usb disk.
- Install the pkg on your CFW.
- Start the pkg with the pen where you extracted the file previously connected into the port closest to the reader.
- Immediately after the ps3 will restart and restart again after coldboot (do not worry it is normal).
- Now unplug the stylus and have fun with the fan control utility that will always start when the console starts.
- Ferrox 4.46 CFW - fully functioning
- Rebug 4.41 CFW / Rogero CFW's - fully functioning
- Ferrox / Habib 4.60 CFW's - fully functioning
: On CFW Rebug 4.53 (Unofficial) seems to create crash on Startup, use the Plugin Manager of the System made by me on various including the Cobra CFW Rebug 4.53.
Flags / Summary of Current Flags
boot_on: Enables the core work before loading vsh.self (like MiralaTijera)
boot_off: Makes the core back to work in the background with vsh.self (my style )
install: Install necessary files before loading vsh.self (more secure)
Install2: Proceeds to install FXP with vsh.self
removesm: Delete sm.self of / dev_flash
ignoresm: sm.self ignores load (may serve as a test, if a crash or sm.self causes something or just to skip over, without erase)
verbose: Enable full log.
LED Indicators / Description:
Fixed Yellow LED: Temperature below to 70C
LED Yellow / Green flashing: Temperature greater than or equal to 70C
LED Red / Yellow / Green flashing: Temperature 75C or higher Greens
LED remained two seconds every 10: Activity led
LEDs for two seconds: Indicates a write access to the USB device
**This is important to know it, because we should not unplug a USB device in an Act, obviously (hope the LED turns off and turn off a few seconds later)