103w ago - This holiday weekend Spanish PlayStation 3 developer JaicraB has released PS3 Preloader Advance, a rewritten LV2Diag.self that allows restoring the Dev_Flash.bin file (to fix semi-bricked PS3 consoles) and has been tested on JFW DH CFW although it should work on all Custom Firmware he states.
To quote, roughly translated: Already available the tool to reset any "/ dev_flash". It is but a program that runs without external modules.
Why we find it being unable to load basic libraries housed in the "/ dev_flash" we must use direct syscalls to the kernel. The compilation is clean STUB external modules, hence it only takes a few KB ...
The function is to load the file "/ dev_usb000/flash1.bin" and write in RAW mode to the "/ dev_flash". But not before mounting the "/ dev_flash" Write mode.
It's simple but effective. There are dangers of bricks, but backup mistake or left unfinished for various reasons.
In principle works in all FIRMS, but mainly is designed to JFW-DH356MA by semibricks problems and instead of HDD when the system stored inside the "/ dev_flash".
But you have backups you can ask of anyone with the same firm or even removing it from the pup and mounting it on a FAT system. Its use is simple.
In Factory Mode to rename the "Preloader Advance.self" a "Lv2Diag.self" and copy it to USB.
Within the USB copy at the root of the flash backup named "flash0.bin"
Connect the USB into the port nearest the reader, and on the system. The LED blinks green. It means that restoring the flash.
When the process is shut down. Check the log it creates on the USB to be sure.
It only plays out of the factory mode with the "Lv2Diag.self" step2 flowing through the network.
For more information use and addressed to: www.demonhades.org
MxxxS, My great teacher
Lara, to change and let me sleep at night tinkering...
Demonhades by bud
And the community of demons.
Happy Holidays to all.
PS3 Preloader Advance 2
Bring Preloader version 2 of the Advance.
Configuration file to select the actions.
Restore all flashes.
Make backups of all the flashes.
Optimization of the code.
Auto-Exit Service mode.
Be in Service Mode.
Copy and advance.cfg Lv2Diag.self-in USB
Modify the file to taste advance.cfg
Insert the usb backups according to the advance.cfg
Switch with USB-introduced into the nearest port to the reader.
CORE- While this well and allow access to the Service mode, this utility will recover all the flash. The change of HDD in a 3.56 version is not a problem on systems with NOR memories. No need to do an UPDATE THROUGH. Good luck!
Good friends demons, the wait has been tedious and frustrating, so jaicrab wants us this gift to the community to wish a Merry Christmas to all those you had a semibrick with the installation of the JMB or a bad installation in the flash.
1. Prepare our dongle to put it in service mode (I used my amazebreak, but it any other apparatus to use the downgrader payload). Then enter the port and do the combo usb000 power and eject, will turn itself off the PS3.
2. Download the JFW-DH 3.56 MA 1.2.1 Service Pack
3. Download of demonisos.net and rename it to flash0.bin
4. Place in the root of the pendrive (flash0.bin), and also put in the root renamed the advance preloader Lv2Diag.self
5. Introduce the stick in the port usb000 (closest to the reader) and turn on the console.
6. The LED will blink green while working on the restoration, when finished will go out alone.
7. For get into the root end of the usb Lv2Diag.self used to exit the service mode (finalized).
8. Ya again have our PS3 alive with the JFW-DH 3.56 MA.
No more, now you can have it back running the PS3 and not afraid to mess up, this system is tested in fat60 (I have bricked mine) and I have it again making war, is valid for any model although format the hdd.
And without further, 1saludo departed JaiCraB MERRY CHRISTMAS and all the demons DemonHades and friends
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
To quote, roughly translated: Well, given that D_Skywalk is "low" paternity and asked me to open a new thread, to update it, that I do, taking advantage we have new version First of all, I would like to put three conditions:
1) I do not carry version control, because in github I canceled, I have no desire to go back to those bastards and git all problems are often under Windows, as not handle http addresses. So I'll post a RAR and point and if someone wants to take control of versions, back on, but for now, I'm not.
2) The official version is that we D_Skywalk and me. Your contributions are welcome, within a limit, it has been said that the GUI should be the same, basically, and not be breaking the application schema. That does not mean that you may not go it alone and break it in your own way, you will have to call but then otherwise your application, by request of D_Skywalk. Obviously, if the changes are minor, no need to change the application name, but it is not in competition, if not collaboration. If that is respected, I have no objection to lend you aid, etc.
3) The third condition is rather a request that anyone who drives the Wiki, should be an entry "Iris Manager" to link it in this post and facilitaros the task if you or any morning for example, I abandoned the project.
Support CFW 4.31 from Miralastijeras (Thanks to the author for help to make the port easier)
New Homelaunc1 for CFW 4.31
NEW PATCH FOR PS1 EMULATOR: it fixes the issues when some games were calling the ps1_netemu. The fix is done faking the disc ID in the sector 16. That was the reason of the black screen of games like Chrono Cross, but inserting another PSX disc THAT game worked.
New patch to simulate the extended info for the TOC, in case it is needed.
IMPORTANT: the ps1_emu from 4.31 can be used. Please, use one from 4.30 or previous. Estwald has to check if it is feasible the emulation via syscall. The big issue is to find where to store the code, that is large to support all versions.
Fixed some minor bugs from the previous version.
where are the last game files located? i would like to make xmb mount pkgs for my games..so i can start them from xmb... thats the only reason i still have multiman on my ps3... pls tell me! somebody pls tell the creator of this wonderful app too
add a filemanager..
add the ability to create xmb mount files for each game..(like load last game from mm)
and add dev_blind access...
btw: do anybody know how to edit app home from the newest rogero... the standard app is the pkg installer displayed ass toolbox... is there a way to change the apps??? i want to delete pkg installer.... i want to replace it with irismanager if the upper functions are added...so at the moment im still using both... pls give me a reason to delete mm for ever.... nothing against dean but i just like it simple... 220 mb space for a loader is too much...
Following up on his previous revisions, this weekend Spanish PlayStation 3 developer Estwald has updated the Iris Manager PS3 game backup manager to version 1.54 with the changes detailed below alongside some additional languages, PS1_EMU PKG files and themes.
Added possibility to extract ISO PSX (Game Copy option, press Select on PSX disc) from multiple disks.
Added possibility to use tricks disk: ISO hits the / PSXGAMES / CHEATS. The iso should be 2352 bytes per sector that can then be used to adapt to other sizes, creating replicas. For example, the Xploder 4 is not even 10 MB, so it's no big deal to have multiple versions. When asked if you want to start using it and mount it as a first album. See notes for details (the name is the same, I just need an extension and a sector size correct, internally, is list what is in that directory looking for a valid ISO)
Changed BD Emu options: there are now separate options for internal or external disk: In internal: libfs always takes patched, can not mount or play as hard. In external: if you mount the disk, not taken libfs patched and is the recommended option. With libfs only recommend it for games that have cached data in the internal HDD.
Enabled L2 to show games. At first, the first option to show only R2 PS3 games, while if you press L2 would PSX
And now about other things:
I see that you are using my Deank ps1_emu patches. That's no problem, since precisely, if I do things is public for anyone to be able to use, obviously. The problem is that it does not usually release the source code in compliance with applicable licenses and thereby not allowing others we can benefit from their contributions as he takes advantage of ours.
BD-Emu Theme internally mounted: roll both not flushed the Grid and it works perfectly [+ laughs]. How not work was if you used the game on installing external internal data (a waste, since most of the game is in that file).
PS2-PSP Topic: I'm not going to put up with it.
Theme D_Skywalk: I know nothing of the boy and has me worried. Other than that, with the whole thing, I'm getting a lot of changes in the sources and I hope there is no problem then ...
Move Topic: besides I have not Move, I can not use v2 PSL1GHT even compile, among other things, because compilers do not support my IF Mode Pointer and is already a pain without having to play more, and to have to settle a new library on the old woman ends up not being consistent. Perhaps we should look at that bear Iris V2, but first would have to have compilers and toolchain oopo as we know it (you throw two hours compiling something to the end, leave a mistake that you do not know where it comes. That at least since Windows [+ laughs])
Thread Dump PSX disc: in psx.c is a very nice routine called read_raw_sector () to read entire sectors. Maybe someone interested as used
Iris Manager Tutorial by LoboGuara
Things you need:
The latest Iris Manager release (Actually, 1.54): http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/ps3/irismanager-4-x.rar
TrueAncestor SELF resigner (only for the required files): http://www.mediafire.com/?4ojs79teb4486x4
A file manager (i.e. multiMAN , Comgenie Awesome FileManager) OR a working PC-PS3 ftp connection
Install the Iris PKG on your PS3 (The pkg is inside the rar file: irismanager-4-x.pkg)
1. Extract the Iris Manager rar file on your PC
2. Inside the Iris uncompressed folder, you will see a file named patch_ps1emu.rar. Extract this file
3. Extract TrueAncestor SELF resigner and copy the contents of the DATA folder (ldr_curves, vsh_curves, keys) to the patch_ps1emu DATA folder.
4. Copy the file /dev_flash/ps1emu/ps1_emu.self (using FTP or a file Manager) and put this file into the patch_ps1emu extracted folder
5. Run patch_ps1emu.bat with Administrator privileges
6. Copy the generated ps1_emu_patched2.self to the IRIS MANAGER folder on PS3 (usually /dev_hdd0/game/IMANAGER4)
The Cover image must not exceed 1024×1024 in size. Done. Your PSX games will now apperar on Iris Game list
Note: there is a pkg containing the patched ps1_emu_patched2.self , you can download it HERE if you are having problems patching your own file. Im not recommending using it, since i have not tested this pkg myself.
Example of the correct folder structure using Iris Manager:
Iris Manager will search for your PS3 games on /dev_usb000/GAMEZ instead of GAMES. If you are a multiMAN user, you can just rename your GAMES folder to GAMEZ. Since multiMAN search for games in both GAMES and GAMEZ folder, you will have no problems.
You can use the same multiMAN “covers” on Iris Manager! Just copy the “covers” folder into the Iris Manager directory
Tips: To load the last played game: Hold L1 at Iris Manager startup. Sorting the games by system: Press L2 (PSX) or R2 (PS3). Game config: Select your PSX/PS3 game and press SELECT. General config: Press START
Iris Manager Translations: brunolee provide a nice language pkgs, you can get these translations linked above. Just install the respective .pkg and you are done! Have fun! If you have any doubts/questions, dont hesitate to ask!