25w ago - Following up on his previous release, today German PlayStation 3 developer IcEmAn (aka IcEmAn2012) has shared a guide on using PS3 Mount Package Install Disc to mount games and avoid multiMAN relaunching with details below.
To quote, roughly translated: Create 4.xx XMB BOOT Packages
1. Install multiMAN and lastGAME pkg
2. Mount game with multiMAN (no BD mirror) - Game should be mounted in lastGAME app
3. Copy content (dev_hdd0/game/BLES80610)
4. Make a 3.55 mount pkg (xmbgameloader)
5. Replace EBOOT.BIN and LASTPLAY.BIN (from BLES80610)
6. Compile the new pkg (_makepkg_hdd.bat/pkg_npdrm.exe)
Restart console and mount game with pkg
Start game without multiMAN (you can delete lastGAME app)
4.21 XMB BOOT Packages (Mount Package Install Disc) - 50 Games for German REBUG XMB MOD v01.08.01 (will install in mount games folder under games category)
1. Extract Mount Package Install Disc.rar in dev_usb/GAMEZ/ or /GAMES
2. Mount Mount Package Install Disc with multiMAN (like a game)
3. Insert Original Disc and install Mount Packages files
4. Restart console
5. Mount installed Mount Package file (in Mount Games)
6. Run with disc !
Mount Packages are modded for REBUG XMB MOD v01.08.01 and shown after Install in Mount Games folder under Games category!
Games must be in dev_usb000/GAMEZ/ and must have right names!
Game is among them: dev_usb000/GAMEZ/Call of Duty – Black Ops II-[BLES01717]/PS3_GAME/...
Install Mount Package files, insert a original game, mount it and run the disc!
May have problems with memory stalls occur, maybe game data have to reinstall, not work all games!
From IcEmAn (via iceman-modz.org/boot-packages/4-21-xmb-boot-packages-mount/): 4.21 XMB BOOT Packages (Mount Package Install Disc) 50 Game Mount Packages:
Finally, from deank on lastGAME's versatility: lastGAME application gives the moders a lot of freedom:
1) It loads Hermes payload (for firmwares 3.41, 3.55, 4.21, 4.30)
2) It can be repacked with any game ID
3) A text based configuration (lastplay.bin) in its folder allows you to configure a game to mount/load
4) You can repack lastGAME with custom LASTPLAY.BIN file to mount any game
lastGAME is a basic multiMAN add-on for almost two years.
LASTPLAY.BIN supports parameters for "Direct Boot", "Regular Load/Mount", network or local load of ps1/ps2/psp backups.
SELF=<path to eboot.bin/.self>
PATH=<path of game folder>
USBP=0 or 1 (for 3.41 usb patch mode)
BOOT=0 or 2 (0 = normal load; 2 = direct boot on 3.55)
BOOT=1 (1 = for direct boot on 3.41)
TITLEID=BLES12345 (title ID of the game)
TYPE=1 for local games (1=PS3 game, 2=AVCHD/BD, other values for BDMOVIE/DVDMOVIE/PS 3ISO/PS2ISO/PSPISO/PSXISO)
HOST=IP_ADDRESS (for network ISO via net_host)
PORT=PORT (for network ISO via net_host)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Take it or leave it. I personally find "German" an interesting language. So I'd thought I'd try to give a contextual translation, so it'll make more sense than Google translate, especially since some of it didn't translate at all .
Word of warning to those who want to use the mod, the XMBM+ version that the IcE-RX Media Manager is based on, is old (v0.11-0.20), and it's mostly in German. I'm not going to try to translate the install instructions, they are kind of dodgy. Telling people to mount dev_blind (flash write access) and then to manually edit it, isn't particularly "noob-proof".
loool your not dumb, most of us would prefer to have them signed for us, its nothing to do with being dumb. its called being cautious. the tools are there to do it, and its pretty easy. but then you also have to become the tester on your own beloved ps3, and we dont know how the homebrew works or what files its messing with.
it just a lot safer and easier to wait until someone else does the resigning and a lot of others test it before we put it near our ps3s.