50w ago - Following up on his previous release, today German PlayStation 3 developer IcEmAn (aka IcEmAn2012) has shared a guide on using PS3 Mount Package Install Disc to mount games and avoid multiMAN relaunching with details below.
To quote, roughly translated: Create 4.xx XMB BOOT Packages
1. Install multiMAN and lastGAME pkg
2. Mount game with multiMAN (no BD mirror) - Game should be mounted in lastGAME app
3. Copy content (dev_hdd0/game/BLES80610)
4. Make a 3.55 mount pkg (xmbgameloader)
5. Replace EBOOT.BIN and LASTPLAY.BIN (from BLES80610)
6. Compile the new pkg (_makepkg_hdd.bat/pkg_npdrm.exe)
Restart console and mount game with pkg
Start game without multiMAN (you can delete lastGAME app)
4.21 XMB BOOT Packages (Mount Package Install Disc) - 50 Games for German REBUG XMB MOD v01.08.01 (will install in mount games folder under games category)
1. Extract Mount Package Install Disc.rar in dev_usb/GAMEZ/ or /GAMES
2. Mount Mount Package Install Disc with multiMAN (like a game)
3. Insert Original Disc and install Mount Packages files
4. Restart console
5. Mount installed Mount Package file (in Mount Games)
6. Run with disc !
Mount Packages are modded for REBUG XMB MOD v01.08.01 and shown after Install in Mount Games folder under Games category!
Games must be in dev_usb000/GAMEZ/ and must have right names!
Game is among them: dev_usb000/GAMEZ/Call of Duty – Black Ops II-[BLES01717]/PS3_GAME/...
Install Mount Package files, insert a original game, mount it and run the disc!
May have problems with memory stalls occur, maybe game data have to reinstall, not work all games!
From IcEmAn (via iceman-modz.org/boot-packages/4-21-xmb-boot-packages-mount/): 4.21 XMB BOOT Packages (Mount Package Install Disc) 50 Game Mount Packages:
Finally, from deank on lastGAME's versatility: lastGAME application gives the moders a lot of freedom:
1) It loads Hermes payload (for firmwares 3.41, 3.55, 4.21, 4.30)
2) It can be repacked with any game ID
3) A text based configuration (lastplay.bin) in its folder allows you to configure a game to mount/load
4) You can repack lastGAME with custom LASTPLAY.BIN file to mount any game
lastGAME is a basic multiMAN add-on for almost two years.
LASTPLAY.BIN supports parameters for "Direct Boot", "Regular Load/Mount", network or local load of ps1/ps2/psp backups.
SELF=<path to eboot.bin/.self>
PATH=<path of game folder>
USBP=0 or 1 (for 3.41 usb patch mode)
BOOT=0 or 2 (0 = normal load; 2 = direct boot on 3.55)
BOOT=1 (1 = for direct boot on 3.41)
TITLEID=BLES12345 (title ID of the game)
TYPE=1 for local games (1=PS3 game, 2=AVCHD/BD, other values for BDMOVIE/DVDMOVIE/PS 3ISO/PS2ISO/PSPISO/PSXISO)
HOST=IP_ADDRESS (for network ISO via net_host)
PORT=PORT (for network ISO via net_host)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Following up on his previous revisions, today German PlayStation 3 developer IcEmAn (aka IcEmAn2012) has made available Rebug CFW 4.30.2 XMB Mod v02.01.00 Ice Edition with details outlined below.
To quote, roughly translated: 16 hours I have worked, here is the XMB MOD for the new Rebug 4.30.2 CFW !!!
Rebug CFW 4.30.2 XMB MOD v02.01.00 (ICE Edition)
DE Language (PAL / NTSC)
Base Installer 1.5
(German): v02.01.00L - Download: iceman-modz.org/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=16
(English (UK)): v02.01.00 - Download: iceman-modz.org/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=19
Rebug CFW 4.30.2 XMB MOD (ICE Edition) Extra Content - Download: http://www.share-online.biz/dl/P6SSDZJM3JG
Rebug CFW 4.30.2 XMB (REX Edition) Original XMB Installer - Download: iceman-modz.org/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=18
1. Install Rebug CFW 4.30.2 REX Edition on XMB
2. Point Rebug / Retail mode on and remove all the XMB Mods
3. Install Rebug CFW 4.30.2 XMB MOD v02.01.00 (ICE Edition)
4. Install the appropriate homebrew PKGs (download browser)