- Following up on their previous
release, French developers Dev-Team-SPT / ARCH
have released a PS3 CFW CEX Arch 4.21 Beta Custom Firmware for those with flashers who don't mind experimenting.
To quote, roughly translated: To install this CFW you need to be on Firmware 3.55.
Beta version features:
- Bluedisk Core_OS patched CFW to 4.25 OFW aim_spu_module.self
- Consistent backup games 4. + Or original games
- SEN original connection
- Spoof 04.25
- Compatible FckPSN
- Ca.cer version 4.25 (except CA27.cer)
- Do not install if the console has received a downgrade earlier
- Do not install console-DEX
- Install OFW from 3:55
- Download and install the official firmware 3.55: [Register or Login to view links]
- Prepare a USB stick formatted in FAT32 and create a folder called PS3, then in that same folder, create another one called "UPDATE" in which to copy the file (PUPs should be renamed PS3UPDAT.PUP).
- Connect the USB to the console and turn it on.
- Install 3.55 OFW through the XMB
- Once the firmware is istallatoo, download and unzip CFW 4.21 Arch
- Replace the PS3 folder on your USB stick into one file provided by the CFW Arch 4.21: [Register or Login to view links] ([Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links])
- Connect the USB stick to the USB port furthest to the right of your console and start the console in recovery mode
- Select option 6 (System Update), and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Once finished, enjoy the CFW 4.21.
: They have now released (via ps3-solution-pour-tous.doomby.com/blog/news-ps3/cfw-arch-4-21-finale-version-0-1-for-all-ps3.html) PS3 CFW Arch CEX 4.21 Final v0.1 for both PS3 Fat and Slim consoles (above) for those interested!