105w ago - Similar to Brink for PS3, LA Noire now has a retail update patch v1.01 built with Sony's 3.5 SDK that allows users to run the PlayStation 3 game on PS3 Custom Firmware including Kmeaw and Rebug CFW via MultiMAN.
Finally, some notes on getting the title to run on PS3 Custom Firmware are below, as follows:
The patch was designed for the EUR version of the game. Use the param.sfo to change the USA version before installing the patch.
Change the PARAM.sfo of LA Noire to BLES00933 instead of that orginal BLUS.
Change the PARAM.sfo of LA Noire required fw to 3.55 (or let MM do it).
Save the file.
Overwrite the original param.sfo with the one provided.
Install the pkg update patch.
Run LA Noire on multiman! Then play the game.
Tested on 3.55 Kmeaw's from internal, the game can be started discless.
Note: If your PS3 controller isn't working after you get to play, exit game and run it without sel+x on multiman. Select+x is only needed for it to install. Now your controller should work.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
1. Deleted all La Noire data, including everything in the game dir.
2. FTP'd the whole game (BLUS30554 with original PARAM.SFO, I checked that the title was BLUS-30554 and version 3.60) to dev_hdd0/GAMES
3. La Noire shows up in multiMAN, but when I go to game options it doesn't show the cover and the title is just BLUS-305, doesn't find any updates.
4. Intalled the us patch pkg.
5. Loaded the game and let MM change the param to 3.55.
6. XMB still shows "corrupt data" when trying to start -> an error occured during startup operation. App_home/PS3_GAME/ shows LA Noire correctly but nothing happens when I press X. LA noire DLC is displayed at the Game Data Utility.
1. Delete all the LA Noire data installed on your ps3! (dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30554)
2. Put the original Param.sfo file in the "BLUS30554" Folder
3. Let multiMAN find updates for the game (Game options) and then install the updates like you normally would from "Install Package files".
Thank you, but it ain't helping me. Still doesn't work. I get the same corrupt data icon where the game icon should be. If I go to the "app_home\ps3_game" the music starts playing and the background changes to LA Noire but nothing happens when I press X...