- Following up on the previous
update, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald
have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.56 with the changes outlined below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
To quote, roughly translated: IMPORTANT: After installing the PKG , restart the PS3 , if it was loaded before Iris Manager
What's New in version 2.56:
- Added support for devices with NTFS (Windows , read / write)) and EXT2/3/4 (Linux , read only) from "Archive Manager" (support to EXT2/3/4 filesystem partitions in external devices (only read access) from "Archive Manager")
- Added support for BD Emu PS3_GM01 activated (support to "direct multiboot" discs using the disc structure: dev_bdvd/PS3_GM01/ in "BD emu" mode)
NOTE: Remember that writing is experimental support and assume risks when using it: check with "chkdsk " to ensure that no data is lost or corrupted.
With the partitions "ext" to be in read, no problem that can corrupt anything.
1) plug in the device and wait 5 to 10 seconds for it to mount. If not, unplug and re- plug. Multiple devices can be plugged.
2) the partitions are displayed as " ntfs0 :" a " ntfsX "
3) Remember that it is important to mount the device before unplugging: from the root option "Archive Manager" or leave Iris Manager
- Added support asynchronous copy to speed up file copying in "Archive Manager"
- Added option in "Archive Manager" (press SELECT) "Get file / folder info " for information on the number and size of files required to copy.