28w ago - Following up on their previous update, PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.50 with the changes detailed below.
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.50:
NOTE: From this version, I will be partially retired. Or put in another way: I will not be as active as before (only in case of "extreme" need I would work on it) and I hope that the inclusion of the new GUI other people are encouraged to continue to maintain and improve the program:
I have done everything possible to provide all the tools and materials needed, but now it's time to take a break and do other things and maybe others take over if they want to continue to implement things.
1) Added a separate loader and isolated application itself in principle from the LIBFS patched, but this could open other possibilities.
2) Added a status check of Network and warning messages in case of error, for FTP
3) New GUI format "slide icons" accessible "Global Options" (Global Options) -> "Change Current GUI" (Change Current GUI), with new colors with smooth gradient background.
DPAD LEFT / RIGHT: move one position to the left or right
L1/R1: Scroll up and jumping a number of positions within the icons
DPAD UP: Toggle between favorites / Games
DPAD DOWN: Changes to Games, managing change games as follows (shown in the screen below-center):
PS3 - PSX: Displays all the games in alphabetical order
PS3> PSX: Displays first PS3 games in alphabetical order and then PSX equally (ie, separating the groups and shows first PS3)
PSX> PS2: Sample first PSX games in alphabetical order and then the PS3 in the same way (ie, separating the groups and shows first PSX)
The settings are stored: note that it is not the same as pressing L3/R3
They are still 12 and you can add / remove or exchange options positions from holding down L2 and then TRIANGLE
Top - Left: Favorite Mode / Games (set current / number of total games)
Top - Center: Game Title
Top - Right: Devices connected. In Yellow which contains the current game
Bottom - Left: In the inset shows the configuration of the games, if you need a BR disc, Direct Boot with an arrow, BD Emu or LIBFS. Below, date / time of the system.
Down - Center: management mode icons as described above.
Bottom-Right: active FTP Server icon, temperature data, etc.
12 remains the maximum although the slider samples from 5 to 7, depending on the width of these (covers in multiMAN format, fit 7). Reload is improved by assigning icons in priority first from hdd0, then from USB and finally from BDVD in background.
The system has been designed considering the speed and agility when you're searching for a game.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Does anyone else have Iris manager make their PS3 go nuts? I'm on Rebug Rex 4.30.2 and it causes the PS3 to apparently heat up so badly the yellow light starts flashing, the fan goes to max immediately. Considering normal fan speed idles around 70C+ on the Cell, a yellow light warning must have been over 90C. Never before have I see this happen in a game or in another program. Nothing like this happens while using Multiman and using a fan controller program keeps the Cell at 64C and the RSX lower.
I forgot to mention this happens in both the animated and non-animated version.
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.45:
1) Added German as a language (thanks toto67)
2) New update Simplified and Traditional Chinese (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Fixed a bug that disallowed games bigfile external USB disk to internal (in cache). We have included a small correction for those games that do not have more than one cached bigfile. Also added warning if it comes to launching the game with BD Emu ON (exite cache inconsistency between games and BD Emu)
4) Added a number of improvements to the FTP server: now warns if you exit the application (attention, if it comes with PS button will not tell) and FTP is conducting a delete function, reading, writing... covering up to 10 seconds from the operation.
It is also equipped with some error messages for that function fails if the network is not started or misconfigured occasional change.
5) Added a new thread manager to perform background tasks, such as icons recharge, now is not done at once, if not staggered. With this, the program gains agility when changing pages.
6) Some users have notified me that REX Rebug 4.21.2 CFW does not work when you press the PS event, so I've gone back to the old method for this firmware.
To mount with Disc-Less need without plugging a device to force an event right in the process that should receive. For that it is necessary to know the Event ID before hand but users are reporting to me and that I do not know the ID or using one that others do not work (in 4.21.2 using an ID that I found)
For this reason it would be desirable to send me the Event ID generated when you plug a USB device for each firmware to know them.