28w ago - Following up on their previous update, PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.45 with the changes outlined below.
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.45:
1) Added German as a language (thanks toto67)
2) New update Simplified and Traditional Chinese (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Fixed a bug that disallowed games bigfile external USB disk to internal (in cache). We have included a small correction for those games that do not have more than one cached bigfile. Also added warning if it comes to launching the game with BD Emu ON (exite cache inconsistency between games and BD Emu)
4) Added a number of improvements to the FTP server: now warns if you exit the application (attention, if it comes with PS button will not tell) and FTP is conducting a delete function, reading, writing... covering up to 10 seconds from the operation.
It is also equipped with some error messages for that function fails if the network is not started or misconfigured occasional change.
5) Added a new thread manager to perform background tasks, such as icons recharge, now is not done at once, if not staggered. With this, the program gains agility when changing pages.
6) Some users have notified me that REX Rebug 4.21.2 CFW does not work when you press the PS event, so I've gone back to the old method for this firmware.
To mount with Disc-Less need without plugging a device to force an event right in the process that should receive. For that it is necessary to know the Event ID before hand but users are reporting to me and that I do not know the ID or using one that others do not work (in 4.21.2 using an ID that I found)
For this reason it would be desirable to send me the Event ID generated when you plug a USB device for each firmware to know them.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I waited for months for a better GUI to have more games on screen at once and they never delivered. PS3ITA Manager did so I went there. It looks and acts the same as this but it has a better GUI, exactly like I was asking for. And its got a few more really good features.
Following up on the his previous revision, today Italian PlayStation 3 developer Alexander has updated Iris Manager to Iris Manager 2.68U (Unofficial OpenModding) PS3Mod followed by a final version that supports PS3 Firmware 4.50 with the changes below.
To quote, roughly translated: Version 2.68u in beta testing for all of our users on the forum. Although being in beta, the version in question works very well, so do not be afraid to get crash or otherwise. We decided to put in downloads this "beta" version, because we still have much work to do and time is very short. For now, enjoy this slice of homebrew.
Sincere Thanks to the PS3 scene Spanish, having read so many positive reviews both on our Homebrew on Ferrox. Thank you again! The homebrew obviously is in testing (beta), shown here in the thread the various problems related to improper startup and or any other kind of problem.
Iris Manager Unofficial v2.68u Changelog:
Arabic language has been added (Thanks to Haider Kiara)
Persian language has been removed (Due to poor translation, it was unnecessary to include it. Will be added back later if some users kindly got the result)
Automatic recognition of language (beta)
PAYLOAD mode DISCLESS pre-activated (Fake BD) for CFW's 3.55 / 4.30 / 4.46
New background color: Deep Ruby, Color Ocean, Razzmic Berry and Rich Electric Blue
Fixed minor bugs for better stability
Iris Manager 2.68u Unofficial (Final Version):
Added Arabic Language (Thanks to Haider Kiara)
Added Polish Language (Thanks to Roman5566)
Automatic recognition of the language
Archive Manager (Italian translation) Included in the "Version 2.68ui"
ControlFan Utility (Italian translation) Included in the "Version 2.68ui"
Removed the Persian language (Due to poor translation, it was unnecessary to include it. Will be readjusted later if some users kindly got the result.)
Mode DISCLESS PAYLOAD pre-activated also on Custom Firmware 4.50! (Fake BD) for CFW's 430/446/450
New Colors System (Background Style) (Deep Ruby) (Color Ocean) (Razzmic Berry) (Rich Electric Blue)
Payload 4.50 (Thanks to REIZA72 for the DUMP LV1/2, IDA PRO & Kakarotoks for lv2_dump_analyser)
Fixed minor bugs for better stability
Compatible with Habib/FERROX 4.50
Q: I can not start some games, giving me a black screen, why?
A: Iris Unofficial Manager has integrated the modalia DISC-LESS ON CFW 430/446/450. Enable it and solve the start of all games.
Q: The source code will be released when?
A: The source code will be released with version 2.70u onwards.