Iris Manager v2.41 Changelog, roughly translated: New: Version 2.41
1) Italian language update (thanks to AlexanderPs3Mod)
2) Added Simplified and Traditional Chinese languages support (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Added syscall 879 emulation (Bd Media ID) for DiscLess Payload
4) Improved discless mode in 3.55, 4.21 and 4.30 CEX CFW. With a USB device, it mounts on exit; without USB device, use the "PS" in Iris Manager to display the disc. If your CFW requires mounting a USB device for disc-less, remember that pressing START (Global Options) and then SELECT display and record the generated Event ID.
5) Added fixed DEX and CFW 4.41 payloads, corresponding to patches from PS3 ITA Fan Control Manager (thanks to Zz_SACRO_zZ , Rancid- o for contributing and greetings to the rest of the PS3ITA Team for initiating a project based in Iris Manager)
6) Also added the method to fix Error 0x80010009 in CFWs sharing the same keys (from 4.21 to 4.41) when a executable is greater than that of CFW. In this case, I made a custom implementation code from ITA PS3 Team:
The games and updates are patched to use "Check Files" option (Test Game) that in my opinion, is the right choice for this
Instead of using fixed offsets to read the version, its taken from the SELF / SPRX header offset to prevent a possible change in position of the data (which would leave the executable unusable) and simplify the routine, which will serve to all executables.
Instead of patching to version 3.41 which can lead to confusion and perhaps create problems in the future, we patching the same version of the detected CFW. This way, it always informs a compatible version with the same keys.
It manages all file errors that may occur.
7) Using Sandungas suggestion, it uses / dev_hdd0/GAMES/covers and / dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/covers as potential places to find cover art to avoid duplication of data between Iris and Multiman. Iris will not look for covers on external drives because the process will be slow and complicated and we can all easily copy (using the File Manager) content to the internal disk.
Media ID on BD
In anticipation of a possible check BD Media ID (Export 0xEF666B52 in liblv2 and syscall 879) has been carried out for inclusion in the payload Disc emulate Less.
To get it you need to be in "With BDVD Controller" (With BDVD Controller) and insert the disk after running Iris Manager. Failure to do so, the syscall return Error 0x80010005 and it will not be possible to obtain the ID. Press SELECT on the disc icon, we see in the options "BD ID: XX XX ..." in blue because it is a Bluray disc and yellow when it comes to a game on the hard drive to recover the information.
My original disk MGS4 seems to not have BD Media ID and returns all data to 0 and error 0x80010006: This will be the default mode of operation of the emulation, then possibly some old games lack it.
When you insert a disc, you create a file in / dev_hdd0/game/IMANAGER4/config containing the ID and extension. Did. For example, for Kill 00081.did BCES-Zone 2, which is used as temporary store ID.
Later when launching the game dede hard disk (internal or external), or entering their options with SELECT, Disc-Less mode that ID is taken and stored in the file BDMEDIA_ID in your root directory (for example, in my If, on / dev_hdd0/GAMES/Killzone2/BDMEDIA_ID) and stored by the syscall function 7 in the payload 40 to be used from the syscall 879.
In short: if the BD Media ID is 16 bytes to 0, it will return the ID and error 0x80010006. If by syscall 40 keep an ID function 7 average, returned the ID without error.
Thus, if a game is to check if it is running from the original disk using that facility, will give you the correct ID and avoid problems.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Following up on his previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.50 with the changes detailed below.
1) Added a separate charger and isolate application itself in principle, LIBFS patched, but this could open other possibilities.
2) Added a status check of Network and warning messages in case of error, for FTP
3) New GUI format “slide icons” accessible “Global Options” (Global Options) -> “Change Current GUI” (Change Current GUI), with new colors with smooth gradient background.
DPAD LEFT / RIGHT: move one position to the left or right
L1/R1: Scroll up and jumping a number of positions within the icons
DPAD UP: Toggle between favorites / Games
DPAD DOWN: Changes to Games, managing change games as follows (shown in the screen below-center):
PS3 – PSX: Displays all the games in alphabetical order
PS3> PSX: Displays first PS3 games in alphabetical order and then PSX equally (ie, separating the groups and shows first PS3)
PSX> PS2: Sample first PSX games in alphabetical order and then the PS3 in the same way (ie, separating the groups and shows first PSX)
The settings are stored: note that it is not the same as pressing L3/R3.
They are still 12 and you can add / remove or exchange options positions from holding down L2 and then TRIANGLE
Top – Left: Favorite Mode / Games (set current / number of total games)
Top – Center: Game Title
Top – Right: Devices connected. In Yellow which contains the current game
Bottom – Left: In the inset shows the configuration of the games, if you need a BR disc, Direct Boot with an arrow, BD Emu or LIBFS. Below, date / time of the system.
Down – Center: management mode icons as described above.
Bottom-Right: active FTP Server icon, temperature data, etc.
12 remains maximum slider although samples 5 to 7, depending on the width of these (covers Multiman format, fit 7). Recharge is improved by assigning icons in priority cargo from hdd0, then USB and finally that of BDVD in the background.
The system has been considering looking for speed and agility when looking for the game.
Following up on the previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk are back and have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.55 with the changes detailed below.
To quote, roughly translated: IMPORTANT: After installing the PKG, restart the PS3, if Iris Manager was loaded before.
What's New in Version 2.55:
Added support for devices with NTFS partitions from "Archive Manager".
NOTE: Remember writing support is experimental and assume risks when using it: check with "chkdsk " to ensure that no data is lost or corrupted.
1) Plug in the device and wait 5 to 10 seconds for it to mount . If not, unplug and re-plug. Multiple devices can be plugged.
2) The partitions are displayed as "ntfs0:" to "ntfsX".
3) Remember that it is important to mount the device before unplugging: from root option of "Archive Manager" or exiting Iris Manager.
Added asynchronous copy support to speed up file copy in "Archive Manager".
Added option in "Archive Manager" (pressing SELECT) "Get file/folder info " for information on the number and size of files required to copy.
Following up on PS3ITA Manager v1.41, today Italian PlayStation 3 developer Rancid-o updated his fork of the PS3 homebrew application Iris Manager to PS3ITA Manager v1.50 followed by v1.51 for Custom Firmware users.
Fixed a small bug in the functions “Restore original console id (EID5)”
Added payload 4.50 DEX.
“Control fan” now also supports CFW 4.50 DEX.
Possibility to make “permanent” the console id inserted by keyboard on screen (ONLY FOR CFW 4.50 DEX). NOTE: the console id will be set automatically when you boot the console, is not necessary start ps3ita manager after every boot (ONLY FOR CFW 4.50 DEX).
Small adjustments to the values of fan speed.
Following up on the previous (unofficial) updates, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk are back and have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.52 with the changes detailed below.
To quote, roughly translated: What's new in version 2.52:
Added support to CFW 4.50 from Evilnat Manager version.
Added fix for error 80010009 on 4.50 FW games.
NOTE: this support has not been tested by me and after many months, if I have confused with something (hopefully not ): if there is a bug, write a comment in the thread and I will try to correct it as soon as possible.
What's new in version 2. 51 (Official version):
Added support CFW 4.46 (from PS3Ita Manager v1.20.) Thanks to Rancid - o and company)
Note: Has not been tested by me and I don't know if needed additional patches in Rogero 4.46 or if there is some kind of bug. I'm still in 4.40 MiralaTijera... so give a try it and if there are problems, we will see that it can be
Updated languages Chinese simplified/traditional (Thanks Liqianyu) and added Portuguese (from PS3Ita Manager v1.20)
Added access to menus of options (SELECT and START) by parental control lock to prevent children from accessing these options: If the parental control for the games is set between 1 and 8 inclusive pressing these buttons, display a message instead.
What's New in version 2.70 (Unofficial version by Evilnat aka Nathan_r32_69):
Added the payload for Custom Firmware 4.41 DEX (Evilnat);
Added the payload control fan for Custom Firmware 4.41 DEX