Iris Manager v2.41 Changelog, roughly translated: New: Version 2.41
1) Italian language update (thanks to AlexanderPs3Mod)
2) Added Simplified and Traditional Chinese languages support (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Added syscall 879 emulation (Bd Media ID) for DiscLess Payload
4) Improved discless mode in 3.55, 4.21 and 4.30 CEX CFW. With a USB device, it mounts on exit; without USB device, use the "PS" in Iris Manager to display the disc. If your CFW requires mounting a USB device for disc-less, remember that pressing START (Global Options) and then SELECT display and record the generated Event ID.
5) Added fixed DEX and CFW 4.41 payloads, corresponding to patches from PS3 ITA Fan Control Manager (thanks to Zz_SACRO_zZ , Rancid- o for contributing and greetings to the rest of the PS3ITA Team for initiating a project based in Iris Manager)
6) Also added the method to fix Error 0x80010009 in CFWs sharing the same keys (from 4.21 to 4.41) when a executable is greater than that of CFW. In this case, I made a custom implementation code from ITA PS3 Team:
The games and updates are patched to use "Check Files" option (Test Game) that in my opinion, is the right choice for this
Instead of using fixed offsets to read the version, its taken from the SELF / SPRX header offset to prevent a possible change in position of the data (which would leave the executable unusable) and simplify the routine, which will serve to all executables.
Instead of patching to version 3.41 which can lead to confusion and perhaps create problems in the future, we patching the same version of the detected CFW. This way, it always informs a compatible version with the same keys.
It manages all file errors that may occur.
7) Using Sandungas suggestion, it uses / dev_hdd0/GAMES/covers and / dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/covers as potential places to find cover art to avoid duplication of data between Iris and Multiman. Iris will not look for covers on external drives because the process will be slow and complicated and we can all easily copy (using the File Manager) content to the internal disk.
Media ID on BD
In anticipation of a possible check BD Media ID (Export 0xEF666B52 in liblv2 and syscall 879) has been carried out for inclusion in the payload Disc emulate Less.
To get it you need to be in "With BDVD Controller" (With BDVD Controller) and insert the disk after running Iris Manager. Failure to do so, the syscall return Error 0x80010005 and it will not be possible to obtain the ID. Press SELECT on the disc icon, we see in the options "BD ID: XX XX ..." in blue because it is a Bluray disc and yellow when it comes to a game on the hard drive to recover the information.
My original disk MGS4 seems to not have BD Media ID and returns all data to 0 and error 0x80010006: This will be the default mode of operation of the emulation, then possibly some old games lack it.
When you insert a disc, you create a file in / dev_hdd0/game/IMANAGER4/config containing the ID and extension. Did. For example, for Kill 00081.did BCES-Zone 2, which is used as temporary store ID.
Later when launching the game dede hard disk (internal or external), or entering their options with SELECT, Disc-Less mode that ID is taken and stored in the file BDMEDIA_ID in your root directory (for example, in my If, on / dev_hdd0/GAMES/Killzone2/BDMEDIA_ID) and stored by the syscall function 7 in the payload 40 to be used from the syscall 879.
In short: if the BD Media ID is 16 bytes to 0, it will return the ID and error 0x80010006. If by syscall 40 keep an ID function 7 average, returned the ID without error.
Thus, if a game is to check if it is running from the original disk using that facility, will give you the correct ID and avoid problems.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Following up on the previous update, today PlayStation 3 developer StevenCapes has unofficially updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.58.1 followed by v2.58.2 (DEX) and v2.58.3 dubbed Simplicity v2.58 with the changes outlined below.
To quote: Simplicity v2.58 - A Simple Kind of Loader - Brought to you by StephenCapes
Simplicity is a modified version of the well known backup loaded “Iris Manager”. The source version I started with is v2.58 by Estwald. The main reason for this fork was to simplify the GUI and make it look a little more polished. This is my first PS3 Homebrew release so go easy on me and let me know areas I could improve.
Changes from Iris Manager:
Background colors have been removed, leaving a simple black.
Music has been completely removed.
Date, Time, Temp, and Device Space has also been removed.
In cover flow mode game sorting by console has been removed.
FTP Icon’s color has been changed
Other minor GUI changes were made.
Navigation controls have been altered (“X” is accept, “O” is back, “Triangle” is game settings, “Square” is not used, “Select” is global settings “, “Start” is not used)
The rest stayed the same.
Changes for Simplicity v2.58.1:
added back the USB overlay
Other changes will be coming... Thanks you for your support!!
Changes for Simplicity v2.58.3:
removed game config*icons*(Direct Boot & Requires Disc) from game selection
made adjustments to the grammar throughout...
removed unnecessary notifications
removed the "Favorites" function
changed the font to the default PS3 font
added support for DEX versions 4.41, 4.46, and 4.50
cleaned up some of the coding and changed version to 2.58.3 (2.58.2 was a beta for DEX support)
Following up on the previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.58 with the changes outlined below.
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.58:
Archive Manager (File Manager):
Added vertical split by default in windows A and B from resolution 720P (to switch between vertical/horizontal, press L2/R2).
Added .png/.jpg small viewer pressing X on these files.
Added automatic display of ICON0.PNG when we list from game directory (GAMEZ, GAMES) passing through the game folder (the viewer uses the path - "game folder"/PS3_GAME/ICON0.PNG to show it.
Fixed error of recurring copy when copy to the same unit, at a lower level folder.
Added libntf_ext latest changes that allow to use functions like fopen() for NTFS/EXTx drives.
NOTE: remember that NTFS/EXTx support only works in Archive Manager: to install .PKG proceed from there.
Following up on the previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.56 with the changes outlined below.
To quote, roughly translated: IMPORTANT: After installing the PKG , restart the PS3 , if it was loaded before Iris Manager
What's New in version 2.56:
Added support for devices with NTFS (Windows , read / write)) and EXT2/3/4 (Linux , read only) from "Archive Manager" (support to EXT2/3/4 filesystem partitions in external devices (only read access) from "Archive Manager")
Added support for BD Emu PS3_GM01 activated (support to "direct multiboot" discs using the disc structure: dev_bdvd/PS3_GM01/ in "BD emu" mode)
NOTE: Remember that writing is experimental support and assume risks when using it: check with "chkdsk " to ensure that no data is lost or corrupted.
With the partitions "ext" to be in read, no problem that can corrupt anything.
1) plug in the device and wait 5 to 10 seconds for it to mount. If not, unplug and re- plug. Multiple devices can be plugged.
2) the partitions are displayed as " ntfs0 :" a " ntfsX "
3) Remember that it is important to mount the device before unplugging: from the root option "Archive Manager" or leave Iris Manager
Added support asynchronous copy to speed up file copying in "Archive Manager"
Added option in "Archive Manager" (press SELECT) "Get file / folder info " for information on the number and size of files required to copy.