Iris Manager v2.41 Changelog, roughly translated: New: Version 2.41
1) Italian language update (thanks to AlexanderPs3Mod)
2) Added Simplified and Traditional Chinese languages support (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Added syscall 879 emulation (Bd Media ID) for DiscLess Payload
4) Improved discless mode in 3.55, 4.21 and 4.30 CEX CFW. With a USB device, it mounts on exit; without USB device, use the "PS" in Iris Manager to display the disc. If your CFW requires mounting a USB device for disc-less, remember that pressing START (Global Options) and then SELECT display and record the generated Event ID.
5) Added fixed DEX and CFW 4.41 payloads, corresponding to patches from PS3 ITA Fan Control Manager (thanks to Zz_SACRO_zZ , Rancid- o for contributing and greetings to the rest of the PS3ITA Team for initiating a project based in Iris Manager)
6) Also added the method to fix Error 0x80010009 in CFWs sharing the same keys (from 4.21 to 4.41) when a executable is greater than that of CFW. In this case, I made a custom implementation code from ITA PS3 Team:
The games and updates are patched to use "Check Files" option (Test Game) that in my opinion, is the right choice for this
Instead of using fixed offsets to read the version, its taken from the SELF / SPRX header offset to prevent a possible change in position of the data (which would leave the executable unusable) and simplify the routine, which will serve to all executables.
Instead of patching to version 3.41 which can lead to confusion and perhaps create problems in the future, we patching the same version of the detected CFW. This way, it always informs a compatible version with the same keys.
It manages all file errors that may occur.
7) Using Sandungas suggestion, it uses / dev_hdd0/GAMES/covers and / dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/covers as potential places to find cover art to avoid duplication of data between Iris and Multiman. Iris will not look for covers on external drives because the process will be slow and complicated and we can all easily copy (using the File Manager) content to the internal disk.
Media ID on BD
In anticipation of a possible check BD Media ID (Export 0xEF666B52 in liblv2 and syscall 879) has been carried out for inclusion in the payload Disc emulate Less.
To get it you need to be in "With BDVD Controller" (With BDVD Controller) and insert the disk after running Iris Manager. Failure to do so, the syscall return Error 0x80010005 and it will not be possible to obtain the ID. Press SELECT on the disc icon, we see in the options "BD ID: XX XX ..." in blue because it is a Bluray disc and yellow when it comes to a game on the hard drive to recover the information.
My original disk MGS4 seems to not have BD Media ID and returns all data to 0 and error 0x80010006: This will be the default mode of operation of the emulation, then possibly some old games lack it.
When you insert a disc, you create a file in / dev_hdd0/game/IMANAGER4/config containing the ID and extension. Did. For example, for Kill 00081.did BCES-Zone 2, which is used as temporary store ID.
Later when launching the game dede hard disk (internal or external), or entering their options with SELECT, Disc-Less mode that ID is taken and stored in the file BDMEDIA_ID in your root directory (for example, in my If, on / dev_hdd0/GAMES/Killzone2/BDMEDIA_ID) and stored by the syscall function 7 in the payload 40 to be used from the syscall 879.
In short: if the BD Media ID is 16 bytes to 0, it will return the ID and error 0x80010006. If by syscall 40 keep an ID function 7 average, returned the ID without error.
Thus, if a game is to check if it is running from the original disk using that facility, will give you the correct ID and avoid problems.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Following up on Iris Manager v2.40, this weekend Italian PlayStation 3 developer Rancid-o has shared a fork of the PS3 homebrew application dubbed PS3ITA Manager v1.00 with the new features and changes detailed below.
To quote, roughly translated: We are delighted to announce the first public release of our backup manager: Ps3ita Manager.
Ps3ita Manager was not created from scratch, on the contrary, is a simple fork of Iris Manager, initially for fun and then by the need to include some essential functions (fix for the error 0 × 80010009) for our cfw (and not only..)
Gradually, the project has caught on, other changes were made to the manager, until the meat to the fire was enough to justify a first release .. It was not created anything revolutionary.. but we think that some additions can be enjoyed by more people..
Changelog v1.0, 12/05/13: Based on Iris Manager 2.40
Added Payload 4.41 CEX (CFW Rebug 4.41.2 & Rogero 4.41 are now supported).
"Control fan" now also supports the CFW 3.55 DEX, 4.21 DEX, 4.30 DEX and 4.41 CEX.
Added function that automatically fixed the error 0x80010009 in games and updates.
Added Menu "Setup Video" and options "Grid 6x4/4x3". This last one allows you to choose if display 24 or 12 games on one page screen.
The manager on first boot detects the language setting in the PS3 and if the language is present in Ps3ita Manager set it as default.
Added option "Fix fw version in psn/update games" in the menu "Tools". This fixed the error 0x80010009 in ALL PSN Games and Update installed. Note: The option for obvious reasons is displayed only if you use a cfw from version 4.21 to 4.40.
Fixed bug in payload 3.55 DEX and 4.21 DEX (wrong offset in the functions lv2_unpatch_storage & lv2_patch_storage).
Fixed "bug" in the payload 4.30 DEX (was not present the "patch" to remove the lv2 memory protection). This was causing shutdown of the ps3 if you used the CFW Rebug 4.30.2 with target id set to DEX.
ReadMe: PS3ITA Manager - PS3ITA Manager is a simple fork of Iris Manager..
Following up on their previous revision as hinted HERE, PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk (with assistance from Miralatijera) have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.40 with the changes detailed below.
Iris Manager v2.40 Changelog, roughly translated: New: Version 2.40
1) Updated Italian language (thanks AcidBuRn1)
2) Fixed error in the definition of a variable in the FTP which made the console will turn off when not using the remote, but was transferring files
3) Further improvement for PSX emulator that eliminates the need to modify usleep() changing it to a method that allows syscalls redial as often as desired [crappy] (and thus be able to step calls conflicted by enter the syscall loop to change the turning point)
4) Added in the menu "Tools" tool "Fan & USB Wakeup Control".
Allows control of satellite payload temperatures, System Manager (sm.self) in Miralatijera 4.40 CFW + Core 3.3.0, by the SYSCON or speed set by the user (option "By User and speed in" User / Shutdown Speed ".
Displays real time information of the temperatures, fan speed mode and current.
Allows you to set the behavior of the Payload / S. Manager adjusting speed / temperature to suit the user and reset defaults and remember the values set ("Set Settings" and record the values fixed)
From System Manager (sm.self) to set a time (or disable) in steps of 10 seconds for the utility writes a file on the USB device in use and avoid "sleep" for lack of activity
Not long after their previous revision, PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk (with help from Miralatijera) have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.36P with the changes outlined below.
1) Added Persian language to the main menus only under test / Added persian language only in main menu in test phase (NOTE: It is possible it is not good persian language translated: it is released only for test purpose and to Provide a line to work for others person with the source code. Thanks to Reza684 to aid for this support)
Language.ini support now = ON REVERSE token for Persian / Arabic languages written left to right to be displayed rgiht to left. English words (ASCII characters) are not order reversed, so if Arabic / Persian phrase is written as "HELLO [fed] [cba]" it is displayed as "[abc] [def] HELLO"
The sign "-" is used to do reverse one phrase: TOKEN =-Display this left to right
NOTE: System dialog Correctly do not support the UTF8 charset and add one space before of one Persian / Arabic character in my system. Because this problem and others problems derivated from left to right western writing, Persian support is only partial
2) Added a new function mode "Payload No Disk" to support automatic event CFW VSH other than 4.31CEX and 4.40CEX. Added a new function for "Less Payload Disc" mode to support automatic event from different CFW VSH of 4.31CEX or 4.40CEX.
It works as follows: when plugs the first time a USB storage and Iris Manager screen appears announcing the event, the event is recorded with Iris Manager options and then uses that ID to be able to get event automatically. This event is generated if having a USB device crashes to XMB or if you press the "PS" in Iris Manager application.
It works as follow: when you plug an USB massive storage from Iris Manager, it show one screen and record the event ID for future use. So, more later, you can mount the fake disc plugin With An USB device or without one, pressing "PS" from Iris Manager button to launch a game before (when it shows XMB, you cause the Necessary event)
NOTE ABOUT IRIS MANAGER AND ME: remember you Iris Manager is open source: you can modify it and start other different project based In this source code (if you are thinking in other different GUI, etc.) or Contribute with languages translation, etc..
For me it is not easy to write in English, but under my point of view, I am donate my work to the community and I am tried to bring all my thoughts and knowledge acquired (working too much) Provide trying to others All These Things in easy form:
If other people want a different application, THEY can do it using existing code without any problem, but Iris Manager is "AS IS" and I don't have obligation to change a comma to Satisfy some users, porque is not my job and I have release the source code (complete source code) and Necessary tools to compile it in github thinking in others developers With Different ideas. Greets.