NOTE: This is an evaluation version: if it does not work, let me know and tell me which version of CFW you are using and at what point is failing
New payload v8 that deletes syscall 36 and use syscall 8 in its place for the redirections.
Added Multiman method for disc-less from /app_home (thanks to DeanK for commenting how it works). This increases the compatibility.
Everything is working fine so far (FTP, PS1, PS3, COPY/DELETE etc).
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Does anyone else have Iris manager make their PS3 go nuts? I'm on Rebug Rex 4.30.2 and it causes the PS3 to apparently heat up so badly the yellow light starts flashing, the fan goes to max immediately. Considering normal fan speed idles around 70C+ on the Cell, a yellow light warning must have been over 90C. Never before have I see this happen in a game or in another program. Nothing like this happens while using Multiman and using a fan controller program keeps the Cell at 64C and the RSX lower.
I forgot to mention this happens in both the animated and non-animated version.
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.45:
1) Added German as a language (thanks toto67)
2) New update Simplified and Traditional Chinese (thanks Liqianyu)
3) Fixed a bug that disallowed games bigfile external USB disk to internal (in cache). We have included a small correction for those games that do not have more than one cached bigfile. Also added warning if it comes to launching the game with BD Emu ON (exite cache inconsistency between games and BD Emu)
4) Added a number of improvements to the FTP server: now warns if you exit the application (attention, if it comes with PS button will not tell) and FTP is conducting a delete function, reading, writing... covering up to 10 seconds from the operation.
It is also equipped with some error messages for that function fails if the network is not started or misconfigured occasional change.
5) Added a new thread manager to perform background tasks, such as icons recharge, now is not done at once, if not staggered. With this, the program gains agility when changing pages.
6) Some users have notified me that REX Rebug 4.21.2 CFW does not work when you press the PS event, so I've gone back to the old method for this firmware.
To mount with Disc-Less need without plugging a device to force an event right in the process that should receive. For that it is necessary to know the Event ID before hand but users are reporting to me and that I do not know the ID or using one that others do not work (in 4.21.2 using an ID that I found)
For this reason it would be desirable to send me the Event ID generated when you plug a USB device for each firmware to know them.