42w ago - Following up on his previous revision, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer Estwald has updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.11 with the changes detailed below.
Note: For PS3 games, rename the folder GAMES to GAMEZ on your external HDD device.
Finally, on the subject of PS3 scene DRM-infected dongle sell-out deank, Spanish PS3 homebrew developer Hermes / Estwald has stated the following, roughly translated (via elotrolado.net/hilo_aplicacion-iris-manager-v2-11_1862716_s230#p1731707893 and elotrolado.net/hilo_aplicacion-iris-manager-v2-11_1862716_s250#p1731719418):
Concerning Mr. Deank,
1) The syscall 8 I first added it. If a man goes and gets her routines, when a bunch of syscalls free and also could unify all these routines in a single syscall (as the 8, I repeat, SHOULD HAVE THE RESPECTED), the blame for what pass course, is.
If they pass the syscall 8 liner, why do I have to respect what makes another who has not respected space syscall 8?. The fault lies with them.
2) The syscall 8 LV1 occupy a peek at these firmwares, but nobody told me: I had to discover on my own, for I repeat, everyone here hides the letters, except me, that all that public I am not for nonsense. Easily could restore it, indeed, could camouflage the syscall to act of LV1 peek and syscall 8, but I get the balls
3) Being a LV1 Peek is safe to call that part, of course, but the culprit is who used it without thinking that it had a use. Incidentally, Deank, if you use the 10, son, that's LV1 Call on those firmwares!!
4) As you can see, I got a check that calls restart if it detects a payload that is not what it should be: what else I can do.
5) The PSX payload check the clearance before proceeding to install: if it is not installed. Now if someone puts something in that part and not even bother to tell me to find a solution ... then do not complain: I do not tell anyone the firmware that must be installed, and I say if using Iris Manager do poorly.
6) It is true that I have spoken usleep (did I have hidden?) But Deank has a funny way of saying things he knows or should have seen, in the code, which I intend to pass all except usleeps those associated with EBUSY loop, which allow only 1 ms and only affect the emulator.
Unfortunately and as one is human and to program in assembler is complicated, wrong comparison and actually did the opposite: I think it is not necessary to mount a circus to tell someone who has made a mistake somewhere (is it good to make public the sources that if you mess up and you see a bug, anyone can see for yourself).
7) If you use the syscall is because it is a much better way to go patching programs and more interesting for any self-respecting dev. At first I thought they were reading multiple sector by some problems I had, but then I saw that it was not really well (in fact, there was a bug that prevented the routine could read several sectors XD and I remember that I mentioned in the thread).
If you've got code for that routine can read various sectors, that should be so, although I have not tested if it really works well there a problem with that?. In fact, many of these routines could be used for other things and the code that I do not end result if not you can always improve and others can intervene, because this is an open source project that has, unlike other.
Anyway, Deank should know that certain games require more data than the supply. I am not perfect and I can make mistakes like everyone else, but if that smart is Deank based on what makes my job so much seems to criticize?.
Reminds me of the nonsense they let someone else at the time that I will not mention, who does not move past water mill.
By the way, everything I post is only partially tested by me: there should be no need to put the word BETA so that it is a BETA knew that in the end, add the word, just sounded cheap excuse for when something has failed: I do not need to hide my mistakes, that I have, like everyone else. Regards.
Good, was preparing a very long answer and in the end, I deleted. I'll just say two things:
1) The thin rope that ties me to the PS3 scene, is about to break. There is something to be surprising because as I said, Estwald and Hermes can be the same person, but not the same character and Hermes was already sick of many things. When you shake hands and begin to take the foot and when to say no to these "suggestions" as pestles that people are not more than "I happen to, but do you" and if you give a negative into a "well, if you do not want, do not do" with the aforementioned annoying (as if something ... You ought) and it begins to multiply, it asks what the hell are you doing here, other than that no that people imagine it for me with this or if I'm some kind of chacha or I that:
The blame is mine alone, that's obvious. Especially because it was already retired and taste and turned, knowing what I could find, but that error can be rectified quickly. I came to help porting D_Skywalk Iris Manager and I thought I would encourage it, but that goal is met, D_Skywalk not and I'm getting tired with the case ...
2) The second thing I'll say is that the source code is available for those who want to carry out their "suggestions" do it, no one stops them. And if you do not know, as they learn, as I learned and I am only learning new things all the time based work hard and prove much.
With this background, the last thing I need is people (and less so from home) to join something that long since I was not going to play, if you want it, you have the source code, compilers and libraries available to you and only you are asked to name the modifiquéis release: no easier you can make and yet you're wrong path and going in the direction that bothers me and you have spent less justified (at times well, I think: "wasted") hours of my time on developing both Iris, as porting libraries, compile other, attach all, etc, then have people follow the same "crap".
In short, it is business as usual and that these words will fall on deaf ears: do not even bother to explain me.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Following up on the previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.58 with the changes outlined below.
To quote, roughly translated: What's New in version 2.58:
Archive Manager (File Manager):
Added vertical split by default in windows A and B from resolution 720P (to switch between vertical/horizontal, press L2/R2).
Added .png/.jpg small viewer pressing X on these files.
Added automatic display of ICON0.PNG when we list from game directory (GAMEZ, GAMES) passing through the game folder (the viewer uses the path - "game folder"/PS3_GAME/ICON0.PNG to show it.
Fixed error of recurring copy when copy to the same unit, at a lower level folder.
Added libntf_ext latest changes that allow to use functions like fopen() for NTFS/EXTx drives.
NOTE: remember that NTFS/EXTx support only works in Archive Manager: to install .PKG proceed from there.
Following up on the previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.56 with the changes outlined below.
To quote, roughly translated: IMPORTANT: After installing the PKG , restart the PS3 , if it was loaded before Iris Manager
What's New in version 2.56:
Added support for devices with NTFS (Windows , read / write)) and EXT2/3/4 (Linux , read only) from "Archive Manager" (support to EXT2/3/4 filesystem partitions in external devices (only read access) from "Archive Manager")
Added support for BD Emu PS3_GM01 activated (support to "direct multiboot" discs using the disc structure: dev_bdvd/PS3_GM01/ in "BD emu" mode)
NOTE: Remember that writing is experimental support and assume risks when using it: check with "chkdsk " to ensure that no data is lost or corrupted.
With the partitions "ext" to be in read, no problem that can corrupt anything.
1) plug in the device and wait 5 to 10 seconds for it to mount. If not, unplug and re- plug. Multiple devices can be plugged.
2) the partitions are displayed as " ntfs0 :" a " ntfsX "
3) Remember that it is important to mount the device before unplugging: from the root option "Archive Manager" or leave Iris Manager
Added support asynchronous copy to speed up file copying in "Archive Manager"
Added option in "Archive Manager" (press SELECT) "Get file / folder info " for information on the number and size of files required to copy.
Following up on his previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers Estwald and D_Skywalk have updated the PS3 backup game manager known as Iris Manager to version 2.50 with the changes detailed below.
1) Added a separate charger and isolate application itself in principle, LIBFS patched, but this could open other possibilities.
2) Added a status check of Network and warning messages in case of error, for FTP
3) New GUI format “slide icons” accessible “Global Options” (Global Options) -> “Change Current GUI” (Change Current GUI), with new colors with smooth gradient background.
DPAD LEFT / RIGHT: move one position to the left or right
L1/R1: Scroll up and jumping a number of positions within the icons
DPAD UP: Toggle between favorites / Games
DPAD DOWN: Changes to Games, managing change games as follows (shown in the screen below-center):
PS3 – PSX: Displays all the games in alphabetical order
PS3> PSX: Displays first PS3 games in alphabetical order and then PSX equally (ie, separating the groups and shows first PS3)
PSX> PS2: Sample first PSX games in alphabetical order and then the PS3 in the same way (ie, separating the groups and shows first PSX)
The settings are stored: note that it is not the same as pressing L3/R3.
They are still 12 and you can add / remove or exchange options positions from holding down L2 and then TRIANGLE
Top – Left: Favorite Mode / Games (set current / number of total games)
Top – Center: Game Title
Top – Right: Devices connected. In Yellow which contains the current game
Bottom – Left: In the inset shows the configuration of the games, if you need a BR disc, Direct Boot with an arrow, BD Emu or LIBFS. Below, date / time of the system.
Down – Center: management mode icons as described above.
Bottom-Right: active FTP Server icon, temperature data, etc.
12 remains maximum slider although samples 5 to 7, depending on the width of these (covers Multiman format, fit 7). Recharge is improved by assigning icons in priority cargo from hdd0, then USB and finally that of BDVD in the background.
The system has been considering looking for speed and agility when looking for the game.