- Following up on his previous
revisions, PlayStation 3 developer Habib
has now updated his PS3 Custom Firmware to Habib Cobra 4.53 V1.04 Edition CFW with the changes outlined below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
MD5 Hash: 9C41E2493692C3CD7B4D7394E24906F4
To quote: HABIB 4.53: Cobra Edition v1.04
prx loading at startup, iso mounting, ntfs support are working but however i cant fix ps2 for bc consoles as i don't have bc consoles and didn't patch for ps3 slim as ps2 classic and cobra uses same ps2_netemu for ps3 slim
1. ps2 isos for slim is ps2 classic as cobra and ps2 classic uses same ps2_netemu and i cant fix issue of bc consoles as i don't have any bc console
2. if you have installed bad plugin etc, pls change fw from cobra (from recovery of course) to different as cobra safe_mode isn't working properly on 4.53
WARNING: DONT TRY TO SPOOF FW VERSION!! all the other patches of a cfw is included..
1. kokotonix for trying to help
2. user for helping me in clarifying some things up (rtoc)
3. deank for his mm
6. all other devs
SRC: it is included in download pkg. i have done partial work of ps2 too but it won't work. i hope you will make a good use of it.
TO OTHER DEVS: stage0 base needs updating and stage1 flash_mount_446.S.flash mount uses ppc 64 bit instructions found in lv2_kernel and in lv2_dump, if you do not do this or the system cant allocate stage2 then it will kick you in recovery mode.
TO PREVENT COPY-CATERS: signatures on offset 10108 of lv0.elf
THIS COBRA PORT IS DONE FIRST TIME BY ME, SO I MAY PROVIDE UPDATES OVER TIME...
1. FIXED CONTROLLER ISSUE ON SOME GAMES (THANKS TO REPORTERS OF THIS ISSUE)
2. STABILITY IMPROVEMENT (A LITTLE)
3. ADDED CATEGORY_GAME.XML FOR WEBMAN BY DEFAULT
1. PSP support fixed
2. Restored original ps2 emus.you can use ps2 classic as compatibility is same for cobra and ps2classic for ps3 slim.i cant fix ps2 issue of bc consoles as i dont have any,so compatibility between cobra and ps2classic on bc ps3 will vary....
1. Fixed recovery mode hang. if anyone is stuck in recovery, pls follow these instructions:
- Install a different hdd
- Install my CFW (the new version of 4.53 cobra or search for 4.46 V1.03A of Cobra)
2. Fixed PS2 bug ONLY on BC Consoles (not tested as i don't have bc console.if it still doesn't work, i need a good tester with bc console)
1. Disabled block of peek by cobra which cause black screen if controller not connected through usb (Thanks Deank for your idea).