10w ago - Following up on his previous version and the release Sony's PS3 4.50 Firmware, today PlayStation 3 developer Habib (aka smhabib) has updated his HABIB CEX V1.00 PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) to version 4.50 with the changes below.
To quote: PS3 CFW 4.50 but only for StevenTJ in public to show people!
My upload is real slow! steven it might take you 3-4 hours. once you got it upload it and make me mirrors pls
1. No BD BT patch
2. Patched lv1 to disable lv2 protection
3. Patched peek/poke
4. Patched RSOD (bypass)
5. Can run games signed with keys up to 4.50
6. Works on OFW 3.55 and any CFW
7. Patched ReActPSN support
8. PSP compatibility
1. MADE OUT OF 4.50 OFW
2. HAVE INSTALL PACKAGE FILES AND APP_HOME
3. HAVE REACTPSN COMPATIBILITY
4. PATCHED ALL COREOS ECDSA CHECK
5. PATCHED LV2 TO ADD PEEK/POKE SUPOORT
6. PATCHED LV1 TO DISABLE LV2 PROTECTION
7. PATCHED LV1 TO ADD PEEK/ POKE SUPPORT
8. IT CAN RUN GAMES SIGNED WITH KEYS UPTO 4.50
9. CAN BE UPDATED OVER ANY CFW.
10. CAN BE UPDATED OVER 3.55 OFW
11. ADDED NO BT/BD PATCHES
12. RSOD BYPASS
13. REACTPSN OFFLINE PATCH ADDED
14. BETTER SYSTEM STABILITY
15. PSP REMASTER SUPPORT ADDED
16. QA FLAG ENABLED BY DEFAULT IF PS3 WAS QA ON 3.55
Worked good with my console. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK
QA FLAG FOR SAFETY: DOWNLOAD AND RUN TOGGLE QA THEN GO TO NETWORK SETTINGS THEN MAKE BUTTON COMBO THEN GO TO DEBUG SETTINGS -> SYSTEM UPDATE DEBUG>ON
1. CAN DOWNGRADE ANY CFW TILL 9.99
2. ADDED RSOD BYPASS
3. ADDED SUPPORT FOR CONSOLES WITH BROKEN BT AND/OR BT
4. ADDED 4.46 SPOOFER (MADE BY ME AS ANY OTHER SPOOFER FOR 3.55 WAS CAUSING RSOD)
1. INSTALL FROM XMB
2. DOWNLOAD TOGGLE QA
3. RUN IT (USUALLY REQUIRES YOU TO RUN TWO TIMES TO WORK)
4. GO TO RECOVERY MENU
5. FROM THE 6 OPTION RUN ANY CFW
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I think rebug team is the only one who deserve trust. The source code of ps3 now is obfuscated since 3.6x, it means we have to reverse the whole code everytime a new firmware get released even just to check if something has changed.
If you don't analyze the code you simply can't check if (better say where) sony added new anti-piracy protections and this'll lead to bricks, not recognised hdd, bans...
Just to be clear this is a work that require MONTHS so if someone comes out with a cfw just a few day after the official release DO NOT TRUST HIM.
I agree with you, Habib never test his own creation of CFW !! not mention he forgot to include VSH, also he was claims his own anti-protection, we never knew, if it was the right hex code for anti protection.