22w ago - Today PlayStation 3 developer Habib (aka smhabib) has released what he calls HABIB CEX 4.46 PS3 CFW which works on the latest multiMAN v04.46.01 followed by a v1.09 Custom Firmware update that addresses the Red Screen of Death and support for PS3 consoles with broken Blu-ray drives alongside an untested PS3 4.46 CFW by lordzxX with details below, as follows:
To quote: Hey everyone, I fixed my 4.46 cfw.. tested on both nor and nand.
1. made out of 4.46 ofw
2. have install package files and app_home
3. have reactpsn compatibility
4. patched lv0 to disable coreos ecdsa check
5. patched lv2 to add peek/poke supoort
6. patched lv1 to disable lv2 protection
7. patched lv1 to add peek/ poke support
8. it can run games signed with keys upto 4.46
9. can be updated over any cfw.
10. can be updated over 3.55 ofw
11. added no bt/bd patches
12. rsod bypass
QA flag for safety: download and run toggle qa then go to network settings then make button combo then go to debug settings --> system update debug > on
Downgrade: any downgrader will work for e.g rogero downgrader.
1. gdrive for mirrors and repacking help in an old thread (hint rogero 4.30 v2.03 with old 3.41/3.55 ipf)
2. anonymous person that helped me patching lv0 loaders (you know who you are)
4. naehrwert for scetool
5. three musketeers to give us lv0 keys
6. to this site to post and test my cfw
Note: tested on various models, no problem encountered but as any cfw release do not blame me if something goes wrong
Changelog of v1.09:
1. added rsod bypass
2. added support for consoles with broken bt and/or bd
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!