- Following up on the initial announcement
, today Sony VP of Marketing John Koller
of Home Consoles and Handheld Platforms announced that PS4 System Update 1.60 arrives tonight and includes official headset support for a Gold Wireless Headset out soon.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
Below are the details, to quote: Hello PlayStation Nation! The next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.60) will be available for download beginning late tonight, bringing support for the PULSE and PULSE - Elite Edition wireless stereo headsets to PS4.
We know you've been patiently waiting for this update, which means PS4 owners will now be able to enjoy an enhanced gaming experience with 7.1 virtual surround sound and crystal clear voice chat with our official PlayStation headsets.
PlayStation headsets are created for PlayStation gamers, by gamers - and designed to truly provide the audio that game developers intended. It's truly how games were meant to sound.
I'm also excited to introduce the newest member of our headset lineup - the Gold Wireless Headset, which launches early this month.
This new headset offers 7.1 virtual surround sound, custom audio modes created by developers specifically for PlayStation games, a hidden noise cancelling microphone for voice chat while playing online, customizable faceplates, and other features -all for $99.99 (MSRP).
You can connect the Gold headset to your PS4, PS3 or computer using the wireless adaptor for eight hours of straight gameplay. The headset also is compatible with your PS Vita or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable. The portable, folding design and travel pouch make it perfect for playing games or listening to music at home or on the go.
The Gold Wireless Headset and the PULSE - Elite Edition are compatible with the free Headset Companion App, which hits PlayStation Store in February. The app allows you to download developer-created game modes that are specifically tuned to enhance a game's audio.
Kicking off the custom sound modes will be Sucker Punch, who's developing a mode for their highly anticipated PS4 exclusive inFAMOUS Second Son. In addition to these custom game modes, the app also offers a variety of preset audio modes for games, music and movies, as well as a tool to create your own custom EQ mode.
For additional information on PS4 system update v.1.60, including how to update your system, please click here when the update goes live. Hope you enjoy the new features and keep the feedback coming. Greatness Awaits!
From [Register or Login to view links]
: PS4 firmware update tomorrow (v1.60) bringing Pulse Headset support, general stability improvements and ability to mute camera.
Main features in PS4 System Software update version 1.60:
• Picture quality during DVD playback has been improved.
• Wireless stereo headsets (CECHYA-0080 / CECHYA-0083 / CECHYA-0086) and a stereo headset (CECHYA-0088) are now supported.
• You can now mute the microphone for PlayStation Camera.
• Do not download or install the update using data other than the official update file provided online by Sony Computer Entertainment. Do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from a different source, by a different method, or on a system that has been altered or modified in any way, the system might not operate properly and might not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions can void the system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
• Do not install system software soon before or soon after a power outage.
• Do not turn off your system during the installation. Interrupting the installation can cause your system to be damaged.
• You might not be able to use some applications or content without first updating the system software.
Finally, there were [Register or Login to view links]
of the latest PS4 Firmware update locking users out of the PlayStation Store (received a licensing error while trying to play Outlast, for example), however, it appeared to only be a server-side issue that has been resolved.