- Square Enix Senior Online Community Manager Matt Hilton
confirmed today that Final Fantasy XIV PS4 is coming on April 14th alongside revealing the PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition below.
To quote: Since Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, the second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, was released on PC and PS3 , more than 1.5 million accounts have been registered, and filled more than 60 worlds with a living, breathing community.
And since then, PS4 has been released, and millions of you have welcomed the new console into your homes. But admit it - you felt that something was missing, didn't you?
Final Fantasy and PlayStation have been a dream team since the early days, and good friendships never die. So we're happy to announce that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will begin beta on February 22nd, and then launch on April 14th.
But that's not all. What would Final Fantasy be without a sumptuous Collector's Edition? If you want to know more, read on!
You will defend the realm of Eorzea against a smorgasbord of enemies - no, I'm not even kidding, you should be happy if something doesn't constantly try to snap you in half or just save itself the trouble and swallow you whole to begin with. In a world like this, an adventurer needs any help he can find.
And instead of the standard version, which gets you the game and 30 days of game time, there's also a unique Collector's Edition, which will look great in your collection. It features art, music and movies you can proudly show off to your friends, but also offers you the support every professional adventurer needs in the form of in-game items!
The Collector's Edition contains these physical items:
• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn exclusive box
• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn artbook - The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined
• Final Fantasy XIV Seventh Umbral Era movie disc - The Waning of the Sixth Sun
• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn soundtrack - The Sounds of Eorzea
• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn art card set
• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn themed security token
As well as some sweet, sweet in-game items:
• Fat Chocobo Mount
• Coeurl Mount
• Behemoth Barding for your Chocobo Mount
• Wind-Up Moogle Minion
• Baby Behemoth Minion
• Helm of Light (increases your earned experience by 20% until level 10!)
My personal favorite? The Fat Chocobo Mount! Ample, soft space to sit on, huggable, and even when you're trapped in an icy chasm, you can be sure that he'll find his way to your next meal - even if he has to peck himself through 50 yalms of pure ice, dangit! The true survivalist's choice.
So, what are you waiting for? The pre-orders start now. And if you're still not convinced, keep your eyes peeled on this space - we've got more to share, soon!