- Zipper Interactive Senior Community Manager Jeremy Dunham
has unveiled SOCOM Pro today, which includes special game types and new weapons.
To quote: We've been keeping a secret here at [Register or Login to view links]
- a hush-hush special bonus that players who purchase new copies of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs are entitled to the moment they first play the game.
We call it "SOCOM Pro," and you'll first see mention of it when you open a brand new copy of SOCOM 4 on the back of the instruction manual. On that SOCOM Pro call-out, you'll find a redemption code for use on the PlayStation Network that gets you... well, it gets you a whole bunch of super-cool things, really.
SOCOM Pro shows its benefits immediately on launch day, April 19, as any player who purchases a new copy of SOCOM 4 receives exclusive access to all "Pro" Custom Game queues. Not only will these queues be ranked, but they'll also be updated regularly over the entire lifespan of SOCOM 4 - so it'll be the gift that keeps on giving for quite some time.
Moreover, the first set of "Pro" Custom Game types will be the same fantastic rule sets that our diligent fans tested during our SOCOM 4 beta period. If you missed them in the beta, here's what they are now:
• Community Day Classic - Suggested by members of Zipper Community Day 2011, CDC offers a medley of different maps that support 8-vs-8 "Classic" variations on Suppression, Uplink, Last Defense and Bomb Squad with faster movement and no ranged explosives of any kind
• Last Defense Run 'n Gun - Our incredibly fast-paced deviation from our Last Defense gametype that includes speedier player movement, reduced weapon damage, and limitations to sub-machine guns and shotguns only
• SCRUM - A Suppression mod that offers a "Classic" rules-inspired list of features that includes no respawn, no Sniper Rifles, no Concussion, Poison Gas, or Frag Grenades, higher damage and faster character movement
• Sniper Alley - Another 8-vs-8 variation on "Classic" Suppression that boasts higher damage values and weapon restrictions that allow players access to only Smoke and Poison Gas Grenades, Shotguns, and of course, Sniper Rifles
Another sweet incentive for SOCOM Pro players is an exclusive pair of weapons that fans have been clamoring for: The M-16 (for Spec-Ops) and the AK-47 (for the Insurgents) assault rifles! Expect to see those within the first 30 days of SOCOM 4's release.
But these additions are just the beginning - we have plenty more planned for SOCOM Pro down the road including access to exclusive multiplayer maps, various co-op additions, dedicated leaderboards, and lots more.
By the way, even if you don't get a new copy of SOCOM 4 but find yourself playing it anyway, you can still gain access to SOCOM Pro by purchasing it from the PlayStation Store for a one-time fee of $14.99 (US) starting April 26.
We hope you enjoy the inclusion of our SOCOM Pro membership with all new copies of SOCOM 4 that will hit shelves April 19. Looking forward to seeing you reaping its rewards in game.