of the EU PlayStation Forums (linked above) has announced a Warhawk Paint Scheme & Insignia Contest.
Warhawk's Game Director, Dylan Jobe
, and his team will pick the best 50 insignia and 20 paint schemes. These winning designs will be added to the forthcoming 1.5 patch update, which will be available to download for free from PlayStation Store this Autumn.
To quote: Hi all,
We're offering you the chance to have your designs featured in a collection of player-created Warhawk insignias and paint schemes that Warhawk players from across Europe will be able to download and use to customise troops and aircraft.
Warhawk's Game Director, Dylan Jobe, and his team will pick the best 50 insignia and 20 paint schemes. These winning designs will be added to the forthcoming 1.5 patch update, which will be available to download for free from PLAYSTATION«Store this Autumn.
The winners will also receive a limited edition Warhawk statue from Gentle Giant Studios.
How to enter
All you have to do is design a new insignia or paint scheme - or both - and post it into this thread, or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'Warhawk design competition' in the subject line.
If entering by email, be sure to include the following information in your email to us:
* Your full name
* Your date of birth
* A daytime telephone number
* Your PSN username
All entries must reach us by 23:59 GMT on Sunday 22 June 2008.
* You must be aged 16 or over to participate in the competition.
* Your Insignia and Paint designs should be your own work - don't use any existing logos or designs that have been created by someone else.
* No questionable content. By that we mean stuff that's illegal, gross or likely to give us nightmares.
* Full terms and conditions can be found here.
How to create a Warhawk insignia
Your new insignia must:
* Be black and white: white is opaque, and black is fully transparent. The ideal insignia uses only white, black and 50% gray.
* Be 64├–64 pixels.
* Be a graphic submitted in BMP, PNG or TGA file formats. No JPEGs please.
* Not include any words.