145w ago - Quite awhile back we reported on a PS3 iTrophies iPhone PS3 Trophy application, and today MyGadgetNews.com (linked above) has announced the arrival of PSN Go which brings Sony's PlayStation Network to Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch.
According to the app's author Juan Xavier Larrea, PSN Go is designed for hardcore PS3 gamers and iPhone owners that retrieves your PlayStation Network friends stats such as their level and progress, online status, avatars, latest games, trophies and much more.
Currently the PSN Go application is on version 1.1.2 offering numerous UI improvements and several bug fixes and is $1.99 on the iTunes App Store.
Finally, a demo video and feature listing for the PlayStation Network and PS3 app dubbed PSN Go for iPhone / iPod Touch are available below for those interested.
PSN Go Main Features:
• Sign in securely using your PSN credentials. PSN Go automatically retrieves your friends.
• An organized Friends List. Grouped by status (Online, Offline, etc.)
• Gamer Profile and details including level, bio, gamercard, avatar, trophy count etc.
• Check your friends complete games history.
• Compare your level and trophies in the Leaderboard.
• Compare individual locked and unlocked trophies.
• EXCLUSIVE - Complete games catalog including game details and screenshots.
• EXCLUSIVE - Gamercard coverflow style carrousel on landscape mode.
• High resolution graphics for the iPhone 4
• PSN Go is the fastest PlayStation Network app available for the iPhone.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
The information its getting is just screen scraping from the website - there is no API available to retrieve it. Its a pretty lame way to do it. Both PSN Go and iTrophies do this - just run Wireshark if you don't believe me I was trying to build a similar application in .Net.