- Today Public Relations Manager Alex Armour
has shared a PS3 video revealing the MLB 09 The Show's World Series prediction, specifically that the Phillies stun Yankees in 7 games.
To quote: With the World Series starting up tonight, we'd like to peer into the future a bit using the most authentic baseball simulation around, MLB 09 The Show.
Utilizing the Artificial Intelligence (AI) in MLB 09 The Show, we simulated the 2009 World Series and the results were very interesting - especially if you're from Pennsylvania. Here's a look at the video highlights...
The series was full of ups and downs as the both clubs clawed it out to the very last pitch. The Phillies took an early 3-1 lead behind the strong pitching of Cliff Lee, but the Yanks came right back with clutch hitting by A-Rod, Jeter and Teixeira to push the series to a decisive Game 7.
With the World Championship hanging in the balance, Chase Utley would become Philadelphia's savior hammering a three-run homerun in the top of the 8th inning to seal an improbable 8-2 victory against the favored New York Yankees.
Here are some of the final stats...
• Game 1: Phillies, 12-3
• Game 2: Yankees, 5-4 (10 innings)
• Game 3: Phillies, 6-1
• Game 4: Phillies, 6-3
• Game 5: Yankees, 9-1
• Game 6: Yankees, 6-1
• Game 7: Phillies, 8-2
• Cliff Lee, pitcher, Philadelphia Phillies - 2-0, 12 K
• Chase Utley, second baseman, Philadelphia Phillies - 11/28, 4 HR, 8 RBI [MVP]
• Ryan Howard, first baseman, Philadelphia Phillies - 7/25, 2 HR
• Jimmy Rollins, shortstop, Philadelphia Phillies - 8/26, 3 SB
• A.J. Burnett, pitcher, NY Yankees - 2-0, 10 K
• Mark Teixeira, first baseman, NY Yankees - 7/23, 5 RBI, 1 HR
• Alex Rodriguez, third baseman, NY Yankees - 9/24, 8 RBI, 2 HR
• Derek Jeter, shortstop, NY Yankees - 8/26, 4 RBI, 1 HR