284w ago - The popular PSN arcade shooter now includes trophies. Download the free 4.00 patch and you'll be able to acquire these 17 trophies:
* Hero of Lave - Complete planet Lave
* Hero of Coventina - Complete planet Coventina
* Hero of Nemain - Complete planet Nemain
* Hero of Taranis - Complete planet Taranis
* Hero of Segomo - Complete planet Segomo
* The Tokenizer - Collect 5 tokens with a single boost in Arcade
* Scrooge MacBoom - Get 10 bombs in Arcade
* Extra Ships Optional - Survive 7 minutes without dying in Endless*
* Close Encounters - Survive 45 seconds without shooting or using bombs in Survival*
* Token Hoarder - Collect 15 tokens with a single boost in Arcade
* Well Prepared - Get 20 bombs in Arcade
* Shield Blaster - Collect 5 shield tokens while already having a shield
* Scenic Route - Complete a planet without using boost
* Late Boomer - Get 15 bombs in Bomber*
* Shock and Awe - Destroy 10 nukes in Endless*
* Multiplier Hero - Get 10x multiplier
* Split screen Co-op - Get 3 minutes of continuous Co-Op weapon boost on Segomo*
* These trophies require the purchase of additional expansion content.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I know that many people are having trouble earning the Late Boomer trophy for Super Stardust HD, so I've greated this guide and video walkthrough.
(1) Keep moving.
(2) Be calm and fully awake.
(3) Never let yourself become trapped by mines or rocks. It's okay to be stuck in that tightly wound thing later on, as it will actually protect you from a few waves of rocks before the mines can destroy the walls.
(4) You MUST get two ships with one bomb early on. This will rocket you to 13 bombs, and only require a little more dodging before the third and fourth ships arrive.
(5) All rocks, upon touchdown, no matter what, will gravitate towards a spot near the hole in the planet before bouncing around any more. In fact, they will all go towards your very spawn point. You can use this knowledge to your advantage by seeking refuge on the OPPOSITE side of the planet.
(6) Your ship can touch rocks and barriers a little bit. Ships, rocks, and barriers have much smaller collision radii than mines. By knowing this, you may not freak out as much when a rock comes close.
(7) Understand that the trophy is absolutely ridiculous, be above the game. This trophy is 1/2 skill, 1/2 psychology.
Try training your weaving skills by going between barrier rocks several times. This refined control will allow you to be agile when it matters.
Notice: This is NOT the only strategy to obtain Late Boomer, it is simply a strategy that has been proven to work, recorded, and uploaded.
If this video if popular, I may consider making videos for other, also difficult-to-obtain trophies.
good stuff mate, that is hard to get... am gona go and have a blast now. lol
Edit: haha funny!! i just got it, i was on 14, got a shield and thought cant mess up now... i did. ahhhhhhh!!! next go same thing happend and i got it then. lol i cant really say i had a plan, i did what wicked did for the 1st bit. then the rest is just luck really. its safe to say if u dont get 2 ships with 1 bomb then u aint gona do it really.
I just got the Late Boomer silver trophy. *Sighs with relief*. The tactic that i used was at the start immedidately head right and try to stay just to the right of the crater feature opposite to where you spawned. This way all the rocks will naturally flow away from you. Then take out the bomb ships 1 and 2 preferably with a single bomb altough chances are that wont happen where you are. Then when the Blue Ring of Rocks appears, sty inside it but close to the edge, that way most of the rocks falling will go outside the ring. Then just try to stay alive focusing around the crater feature. Then soon the rest of the ships will follow.
In testimony of this methods usefulness/validity I have played 436 games of Bomber and only in the last 10 tries i thought of this method and it worked that quick. When
I got the trophy, I didn't blow up two ships with one bomb, instead the red spikeys took one out for me. So i guess this is largely based upon luck to some extent too.