- Just under a month ago it was confirmed
and today Portal Manager Emmanuel Orssaud
has announced the PlayStation Official iPhone and Android application is now available for download.
To quote: Back in December, I announced that we at SCEE were working on a PlayStation App for iPhone and Android handsets.
I'm delighted today to let you know that the version 1.0 of the PlayStation Official App is now available to download for free from the App Store and Android Market.
The app is compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch with OS 4 and above, and most Android handsets with a minimum of OS 1.6.
Here's a recap of the features in version 1.0:
• Check out your PlayStation Network trophies and keep up to date with your friends' games and online status.
• Discover all the latest games, news and hardware for your PlayStation 3, PSP and PlayStation 2.
• Read all the announcements on the European PlayStation.Blog.
• Share your favourite products or news with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via e-mail.
The first version (1.0) is available in the following countries: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and The Netherlands.
We are already working on the next update and we are planning to roll-out the app in most of SCEE's markets very soon.
Once you've downloaded the app, please let me know in the comments below your first impressions and I'll be happy to answer questions.
Here's the link
to download the app at iTunes.