- Ubisoft Annecy Community Developer Valentin Pasquier-Desvignes
announced news today on The Flying Dutchman: Assassin's Creed IV's Second Multiplayer Event.
Below are the details, to quote: Since our first Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag multiplayer event, Under Control, we've seen the AC4 community continue to grow. So we've got a new one: The Flying Dutchman!
Starting this Friday, 11/29 and going through Sunday, 12/1, assassins across the community will compete to capture Artifacts and bring them back to their base in a special Artifact Assault mode (we've got the breakdown on the specific rules below).
During the duration of the event, you'll be provided with objectives to complete, and each of these objectives will unlock exclusive content.
In this event, Artifact Assault mode will deactivate melee kills, so your only way to kill will be to take aim with the deadly pistol. Team play is mandatory to deliver the artifact to your base, so strategize to support your carrier using Sabotage, and prevent your enemies from using their ranged Pistol attacks!
In addition to the new mode, you'll have specific objectives with their own rewards to challenge yourself with. Some are individual goals, and others are a wider community goal; check out the breakdown below:
• Individual Goal - Capture an Artifact while using the Glimmer ability (6 times)
• Individual Reward - 1 Patron Picture for each playable character
• Participation Goal - Complete a session in the event playlist
• Participation Reward - Achieve the title "The Flying Dutchman"
• Unlock these exclusive Assassin costumes by reaching the community objective. Find out what the community objectives are by logging in to Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.
Helpful tip! Remember that abilities' cooldown will be very short and chase breakers will be deactivated, so carrying an Artifact will be much harder. As a carrier, you won't be able to escape the whole opponent team so anticipate your path and rely on your teammates to protect you.
Gather your team and be ready on November 29th to dive into the second Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag multiplayer event!