From VSPROD: It seems that the YouTube APP won't appear at all on the XMB when you are in 3.55 (4.10 APP) So I have created a PKG from the official Sony YouTube APP.. and an other PKG: the Fix 3.55. should work for 3.41 too.
1. Install my first PKG:UP2075-NPUP10028_00-YOUTUBE000000001
2. Install my 3.55 Fix: YOUTUBE105_FIX_341355_VSPROD
Now after the installation, launch multiman and you have to go into Dev_hdd0/game/NPUP10028/ and create a new folder called: PS3_GAME.
Now you will have to copy everything that in the NPUP10028 folder into PS3_GAME folder. After that go to PS3_GAME/USRDIR and click on EBOOT.BIN and create a desktop shortcut (with the circle button (O)).
Now your youtube icon appear on the desktop double click on it (X+X) You will be back on the XMB, go to app_home and launch youtube as a game enjoy!
Video explanation for the creation of the PS3_GAME folder:
To exit the app you have to push the PS button and then choose something in the XMB that will force the app to quit.
Finally, to quote: Playing hours of Journey giving you cravings to watch Journey on YouTube? Or maybe DiRT Showdown put you in the mood to watch real-life action sports from the Red Bull channel?
Give button mashing a whole new meaning with the new YouTube app for PS3, rolling out later today in North America for free from PlayStation Store.
You might have watched YouTube on PS3 before, but get ready for a whole new world of video and features. We have a completely new experience, designed for the big screen and optimized for the PS3.
Here's what you'll find:
• Search: Finding the videos you want is easier than ever, with search suggestions and instant video results while you type.
• Your subscribed channels: Sign in to find the latest videos from your YouTube subscriptions, which now also includes official music videos.
• Your phone as a remote: With a quick pairing process, you can control YouTube on PS3 with a smartphone. Find a video on your phone and with a button it'll play on the big screen. While the video is playing you can control it from the phone, or keep browsing YouTube for the next one.
With today's Store publish, you'll find the new app in the PlayStation Store under My Channels. We'll keep improving the PS3 experience and plan to bring the app to more countries in coming months.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!