227w ago - Fluffy Logic's Producer Ana Kronschnabl has announced news that a Savage Moon PS3 update and expansion is now available on PSN.
To quote: We wanted to say a big thanks to those of you who have taken the trouble to email us with feedback, ideas and suggestions.
Where possible we have incorporated some of your ideas into the new update of the game, now available. Amongst other things, the update includes:
• Re-balancing of the stats, including an upgraded Amp Tower with stats more similar to the first release of the game. Other tweaks to the stats make level 4 a bit more forgiving.
• A new 'Training Mode' that allows all the levels to be played as before, but the overall gameplay is a bit easier (but you can't save these scores to the high-score table).
• We have added custom soundtrack support, so you can blast Insectocytes to the tunes of your choice.
We would also like to tell you a bit more about the new expansion for Savage Moon - Waldgeist. If you are wondering, the name is German and translates as 'woodland spirit' and in pagan times Waldgeists (is that the plural?) were believed to be the custodians of the forest. As the new levels in the expansion are set in more biological forested Imoons, we felt the name suited the vibe of the new gameplay perfectly.
So what is in the new game? We are happy to say, 'loads'. We got a bit carried away during development and so the final version of Waldgeist has:
• 6 new levels that bring a riot of new colors and environments into the game.
• 2 new evolutions of the Insectocytes: the aptly named Death Blossom - a frightening new adaptation that when it reaches a concentration of towers, explodes launching a payload of deadly guided missiles in a single barrage of devastation to all within it's range. There is also the 'Invisibugs' adaptation; a new photochromatic skin pigment in some Insectocytes that render them invisible to normal attack towers.
• 2 new tower types: fortunately the human techies have also been busy. They have developed a counter to the 'Invisibugs' in the form of a sensor tower that allows all other towers within its range to target them. They have also developed the Arclight tower which is our personal favorite, a lightning-firing attack tower that zaps Insectocytes en masse!
• 12 new versions of the existing levels: In the expansion you can re-play Agamemnon to Lotan all-over with different waves and bugs that the normal versions.
• Vengeance Mode: All combined, there is now more vengeance than Dirty Harry in Waldgeist. There are vengeance modes for the 6 new levels AND for the 12 new Waldgeist variations of Agamemnon to Lotan AND for the training mode version of all of the above.
• 7 New Trophies: Yes indeed! A whole host of new challenges for Commanders to show their superior grasp of tactics, examples of which are; the Insectocyte Juggler Award (keep an Insectocyte alive for 5 minutes) and the Luddite Trophy (complete any 5 levels using only Machine Gun Towers and without any damage to the base)
• New Music: Thanks to Parasite, our sound producer and musician, we also have new music in the new levels AND bonus hidden remix tracks that unlock including exclusive tracks by Subliminal System, Monk3ylogic and of course, Parasite.
We're really pleased with Waldgeist and feel it builds upon the strongest aspects of Savage Moon; we hope you think so too!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I really love this game! Although I didn't like the fact that they released a patch that made it A LOT harder to later release yet another patch to balance the difficulty level! That's just plain dumb if you ask me! And it also occupies a lot of hard drive (222mb the latest patch).
Page 1 of 11
Related PS3 News and PS3 CFW Hacks or JailBreak Articles