- Thanks to reader Ben Torode
, we've got a proper translation of this Watch Impress
article, detailing a number of new features coming to 2.40 not yet mentioned by SCEA, as far as we know:
1. The way to quit games has also been modified in line with these changes, and a game can be exited by pressing the PS button during a game and selecting "Game" then "Quit Game" from the XMB.
2. On the XMB in general, added functions include a clock displayed on the XMB, a function to delete all entered text in the entry field when using text entry with a keyboard, and a function which displays an icon to indicate when operation of the PS button is disabled.
3. In "Users" under the XMB, an item has been added to power off the PS3 console. Under "Settings", options have been added to automatically power off after a system software update, and "assign controller", "controller vibration function" settings have been added under "accessory settings".
4. Under "Photos", as well as photos within a playlist becoming printable, when photos are sorted by month or year taken, an ascending and descending order option has been added.
5. Under "Music", a mini control panel can now be displayed while playing music, as well as "MP3 Surround" being added as a playable file type.
6. Under "Video", "Frame Noise Reduction" and "Block Noise Reduction" can now be configured for vidoes stored on the HDD or storage media, and upconverting output is also supported. Additionally, Blu-ray Disc upconverting, DVD Video DTS-ES and DTS 96/24 and Blu-ray Disc DTS-ES Matrix playback is supported.
7. Under "Internet Browser", "Search" has been added to the menu. Under the friends list, the number of friends that can be registered has been increased from 50 to 100, and the information screens of friends redesigned.