256w ago - Over the weekend ps3mediaserver has updated his PS3 Media Server application to version 1.02. Today, some users reported a few issues with it so he fixed them and released a version 1.02.1 update.
The author states: If you have no troubles with 1.02, you can skip 1.02.1, as this one has very few fixes, aside this major bug:
1.02.1 Fixes: - Major Bug in server start due to a faulty MAC address retrieval
- PMS do not start after activating the archive browsing option
- Media library small fixes
1.02 New Features: - Auto-updater, default configuration, cleanups and windows/linux build scripts (thanks to Tim Cox)
- Media library (also act as a parsing cache): you can sort your files by date, ID3 tags, etc.
- Playlists (m3u/pls) support
- Preliminary album art support, better audio (flac) and tags parsing
- New options for video resolution, deinterlace filter, and archives browsing
- Video settings with an easier virtual menu (A/V sync, deinterlace, ...)
- Windows service installer (working on 32 bits only)
- New image parsing library: Better performance / EXIF support (sort photos by camera model, etc.)
- DVR-MS addon
1.02 Fixes: - A/V out of sync issues with some ISOs and medias / codecs support improvement (flv, rmvb, hdmov, mp4, multichannels avi, etc.)
- External subtitles not always loaded
- Upnp advertising issue in search reply to the ps3 (thanks to Daniel Pedersen)
- SkipLoopFilter is now disabled by default
- Regression since 0.98, server would not start on some machines
- Newest builds of ffmpeg/mplayer/mencoder for win32
- Usual bunch of fixes
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!