57w ago - Following up on their last update, today PlayStation 3 developers Raptor399 and chocolateboy have announced that PS3 Media Server 1.71.0 is officially released for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X!
Changed audio/subtitle defaults to accept anything
Removed fontconfig from MEncoder for improved subs compatibility
Improved Android.conf video support
Added support for Samsung SMT-G7400 (UPC Horizon)
Fixed bug that prevented Galaxy Nexus pictures displaying
Updated Chinese Traditional translation (thanks, mcc!)
Added Turkish icon
Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.60 (GC1508)
Updated h2 database to 1.3.168 (thanks, valib!)
Improve handling of initialization errors
Fixed possible error while loading iPhoto library (GC1523)
Fixed bug where disabled engines could be selected in the #--TRANSCODE--# folder
Added options for renderer-specific file name formats
Added ffmpeg build script
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
maybe you can help me with this problem. The problem is the following:
I have a PS3 CHECHK01 upgraded to 500 gb running KMEAW CFW 3.55. Before I used FileZilla to FTP the movies to my internal hard disk, only until I saw that PS Media Server was build also for Mac OSX. So since the first version for Mac/OSX I used it to stream the movies to my Playstation 3.
I own a Macbook Pro 2.3 ghz Intel Core i5 with 4 gb internal memory. But yesterday after upgrading to 1.70.1 the movies are staggering very worse. No fluid screen any more.
I tried many things such as downgrading to the older version 1.53/1.54, change some preferences but nothing seems to work.
I tried it with direct LAN (always used this) and also over my wireless network.
Does anybody know how to reset PSM to default settings on Mac OSX or knows a solution?
Allright, I fixed it. Deleted the old conf file on Mac OSX and forced the LAN network in PMS.
Add new default web video engine: FFMpeg Web Video
Add support for new web protocols: mmsh:// and mmst://
Sort files alphanumerically by default e.g. Episode 2 before Episode 10
Auto encoding detection of non UTF-8 external subtitles for Russian, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Korean and Japanese languages (leave "Subtitles codepage" option blank)
Improved handling of UTF-8 external subtitles
Localized #--TRANSCODE--# folder name
PMS.conf: Added transcode_folder_name option to allow #--TRANSCODE--# folder name to be customized (issue GC963)
Make example PMS.conf behave more like built-in defaults
Restore maximum buffer size to 600 MB (was 400 MB)
Prevented image distortion on some DLNA clients with "Keep AC-3 track" option enabled
Don't show entries for disabled engines in #--TRANSCODE--# folder
Allow Traces tab panel to auto-scroll (thanks, LordQuackstar!)
Revert changes to SMP-N100.conf that conflict with Sony Blu-ray players and break MKV support (thanks, mrw1986)
Replaced ImageMagick with Thumbnailator for thumbnail generation
Fix FFmpeg engine's handling of unsupported custom options (thanks, ajamess)
Fixed FFmpeg command line arguments used by tsMuxeR video
Added new renderer: Yamaha RX-A1010 (thanks, merelin)
Language updates: Updated Dutch translation (thanks, leroy), Updated Bulgarian translation (thanks, JORDITO), Fix DNLA 2114 errors when scanning non-readable subfolders with "hide empty folders" enabled
Renderers: Deprecate misnamed TranscodeVideo profile MPEGAC3: use MPEGPSAC3 instead, Document and clean up TranscodeVideo and TranscodeAudio profiles, Linux tarball: fix "cannot find tsMuxeR" error
MEncoder: disable AC-3 remux if audio track has delay, disable DTS and LPCM remuxing if tsMuxeR engine is unavailable
Lots of changes this time!
Version: The Windows and Mac OS X versions are 1.70.1 rather than 1.70.0 due to a packaging issue spotted during release. There is no functional difference between 1.70.0 and 1.70.1.
Issues with the sample PMS.conf file bundled with PMS 1.53.0 to 1.60.0:
Prior to this release, the sample PMS.conf bundled with PMS since 1.53.0 (June 2012) set values different to the built-in defaults. If you created a PMS.conf by copying one of these sample files to your profile directory, it should be removed and settings should be re-entered and saved in the GUI.
Changes to default settings:
Two default settings have been changed in this release: the default web video engine (FFmpeg Web Video) and the default file sort order (alphanumeric). As a result of these changes, you are advised to back up and remove your old PMS.conf and re-enter and save your settings (if any) in the GUI.
Alternatively (e.g. if you have a large number of customizations you wish to preserve), the new defaults can be enabled in PMS.conf by removing the following properties (if they exist):