230w ago - With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, here is some PlayStation 3 news that we missed from earlier this month.
That being said, ps3mediaserver has been working on PS3 Media Server which is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PlayStation 3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration. It's backed up with the powerful Mplayer/FFmpeg packages.
• Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.
• Real-time video transcoding via MEncoder, tsMuxer or Avisynth
• DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder
• OGG/FLAC/MPC/APE audio transcoding
• Thumbnail generation for Videos
• You can choose with a virtual folder system your audio/subtitle language on the PS3!
• All formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/WMA, JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, and all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG) the PS3 is willing to play
• ZIP/RAR files as browsable folders for pictures/audio files
• Preliminary support for pictures based feeds, such as Flickr and Picasaweb
• Preliminary Internet TV / Web Radio support with VLC, MEncoder or
MPlayer Windows Only:
• Lossless 5.1 PCM transcoding with DTS movies
Finally, in a holiday update HERE on the author's blog he states that the 1.01 is a BETA package, so things could be broken. You just have to extract contents into the application folder (and replace the pms.jar file). Also, an official 1.02 version will follow next.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!