To quote: Additional new features in the 3.50 update include:
• Facebook Integration: Developers will be able to create PS3 games that have more interaction with Facebook. Once compatible PS3 titles are available, PS3 users can choose to access public information on Facebook - including user name, profile, uploaded photos and friends list - to enhance their gameplay experience.
• Grief Reporting Function: Users can send claim reports directly from the XMB for any inappropriate messages they receive from other PlayStation Network users. This feature is accessible from the option menu of the messages list in the FRIENDS category.
For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 system, please visit http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Features/SystemUpdate.
As always, we look forward to your feedback.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
1. As I've mentioned before - it's better to stay as low as possible with your FW if you're keeping any hopes to get your PS3 JB-ed any time soon.
2. F1 2010 needs 3.42 (or even 3.41) - see the news / discussion here in site.
3. I'm pretty sure that loads of people will give upt the "priviledge" of playing the new games (right away at least) in favor of playing hundreds of "old" backups Situation here is mirroring the early times with PSP scene / hacking.
One point some people are is missing that if you've updated to 3.42 then you will have to update to 3.50 to access PSN and you obviously updated to 3.42 to access PSN so staying back isn't an option just because you don't have a 3D TV.
I guess F1 2010 will need 3.50 to play it as so will all the games releasing in the future so all JB'ers can only play old games until the game can bypass the necessary update.