180w ago - With today's PS3 Firmware 3.40 Update came some documented features from Sony as well as some things not so noticable, including limitations on the PlayStation 3 Video Edit and Uploader application and some hidden PS3 system software update features.
According to Examiner.com (linked above), with Sony's PS3 Video Editor & Uploader you can't edit or upload content added to the system prior to the 3.40 Firmware update, you can't use copyrighted videos, and the application (which requires 44MB of PS3 HDD space) places a time limit of ten minutes on each video that is edited.
Moving on to the PS3 Firmware 3.40 hidden features, Jes03 noted HERE the following, to quote:
"One feature not said about is the new photo albums. You can upload/download to Facebook and even view Facebook albums on the PS3."
Forum user chrykel also reports that SKFU's recent PS3 Exploit Loader has been plugged, however, f455tty reports that it is still working so we are awaiting further feedback on it.
• Under 'Accessory Settings' there is now an option to calibrate the PlayStation Move sensors dubbed 'Calibrate Motion Controller' present.
• Under 'Display Settings' an option for Deep Color Output (HDMI) is now available for TV sets that support the feature.
• The PSN Store A-Z section now contains section categories including add-Ons, demos, PSP games, etc.
• Those who subscribe to PlayStation Plus (PSN+) appear on Friends Lists with a gold 'plus' icon on gamercards and next to the mini avatars.
• Under 'Friends' the PS3 Trophies are now integrated with gamercards, and will display the PS3 Trophy levels next to your PlayStation Network ID box when users hover over them. Trophies earned in the trial games are saved on your XMB Trophy Collection but not on your Online ID so only you can view them.
• Friends box colors now fade in, versus changing from grey directly.
• Under 'Friends List' if you select a Friend followed by 'Message List' the PSN ID icon card now shows up in the upper right corner.
• Although unconfirmed as a 3.40 feature, you can Trim the edges of photos while keeping the original copy prior to Editing.
• PlayStation Plus items including 'Automatic Download' now appear in the System Settings menu, allowing users to set a period of two hours to allow PS3 patches and updates to be downloaded.
• Date/Time bug that plagued older 'fat' PlayStation 3 consoles was rectified so it won't resurface again in four years.
If anyone discovers other hidden features in the PS3 3.40 update not listed above feel free to reply below and we will add them to the list.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Another thing, some of you said that LBP is for Europan users with PlayStation+ but i cannot see that at all, there's only level kit, dynamic theme and costume kit. Seriously guys.. I cannot see crap, maybe I'm blind or something?
Purchasing DLC from other regions might be "cheaper" but otherwise a total waste of your money as each region has another game ID and DLCs will work only with the games from the same region / with the same game ID.
even if you did get lbp and it's extras, you would lose all rights to access/play it if you ever canceled your ps-plus subscription.
and that is one thing that really bothers me about the whole plan. you get access to games, demos, videos, themes for "free" by paying for the service. however when you stop/cancel/forget to renew your subscription, you will lose access to everything gained from the subscription.
so in the end, sony has the money you paid for every year you were a member, and now that you are no longer a member you have nothing to show for the money you spent. brilliant strategy from sony to make money.