Aside from the usual bug fixes, the new release allows users to drag and drop downloaded files to Apple and Android devices, as well as the PS3 and Xbox 360 game consoles. This allows users to quickly sync downloaded content to these devices.
Below are the changes, as follows:
2011-09-19: Version 3.1 alpha (build 25671)
• Fix: Add Devices Pane does not show Tabs Context Menu on right click
• Fix: Drag and drop from files tab to non-Device Category item does not crash
• Fix: memory leak
• Change: don't show balloon tip when loading torrents with errors on startup
2011-09-15: Version 3.1 alpha (build 25664)
• Fix: Memory leak in seperate resume files and bencoded entities.
• Fix: Speed up Torrent View Drawing
• Change: Automatic Detection of USB storage devices
• Change: Added a Device node - used to add and keep track of USB storage devices added by the user
• Change: Can Add Apple, Android, PS3, XBOX360 devices
• Change: Can Hide main Device Node
• Change: Remove specific devices by right clicking in the Left Hand side Category tree
• Change: Ability to Drag Torrents from Torrents view to Devices
• Change: Ability to Drag Files from Files Tab to Devices
• Change: Opening multiple torrent folders with return/enter key - asks user "are you sure?"
• Fix: Shutdown Hang when deleting torrents
• Fix: downloads would not show up in the RSS feed view
• Feature: support BEP 33 (DHT scrape)
• Fix: prompt the user when opening containing folders if more than 10 torrents are selected (PT story #15525561)
• Fix: do not send advanced hidden settings back to the WebUI (PT story #15573343)
• Fix: cattree spinner does not stop spinning when adding a invalid torrent URL from a btapp (PT story #15617649)
• Feature: Enable pairing from LAN IP ranges, to enable LAN streaming.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
You aren't being tracked using torrent clients. IP addresses can be hidden.
Even if your IP is visible while using it then it's only transferring metadata so that would have to be a very quick "trace". It's not been ported to PS3, it's extended functionality added to the client by the uTorrent developers. The PC version does work.
this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen released to ps3. No joke. I am against torrents and think people are brainless to use them. First off your already being tracked with the PC version oh wait... why not get tracked double time by having a ported version so we can get extra BUSTED. >_> Torrents are not good, they are a waste of space. Therefore do not need to be on a gaming system. I see no point in having it on a gaming system at all. The PC version alone doesn't work.