217w ago - God of War III will not have PS3 multiplayer, and according to the title's director Stig Asmussen the underlying reason why is that it simply wouldn't fit.
This was recently revealed in an interview with GamePro, to quote:
"With God of War 3, there's a story we want to tell and an experience we want to deliver, and multiplayer doesn't fit into that." said the games producer Stig Asmussen.
"Imagine two Kratos characters running around at the same time. Once you do that, the story becomes something more about an experience between two players and less about something that we're scripting."
"So, you have something like Left 4 Dead, which is sweet, but we just decided with this game, there's a certain way that we want to tell it. And staying with what we've done in the past, we want to complete the story in a way that was familiar to everybody."
He did, however, hint at new challenge rooms in the form of DLC: "It would make a lot of sense to be able to download them. That's something we might see in the future." adding "It's a good way to keep the series going."
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
idk multiplayer on GOW III doesn't sound all that great to me, i mean GoW III singleplayer is great enough, and idk how they would of made the multiplyer more than just a last minute thing! but if they did make it work then that would of been cool!
There can be only one Kratos in the game. If you want to add multiplayer, I reckon it must be done as follow:
1. Two players only (or if you can manage more keeping the rest of these points in mind)
2. Player One = Kratos and Player Two = any "baddy" fighting against Kratos amongst the other "baddies" Kratos (P1) is trying to kill to progress
3. If P1 is defeated, he starts at a checkpoint prior being killed.
4. If P2 fails to kill P1, then Kratos moves to next area/stage and P2 selects another character to fight and prevent Kratos from moving on in the next area/stage
5. Bosses and final battle - Kratos against P2 with Boss powers
Knew that. Was simply making a reference that if wanting to see Kratos in fighting game environment, play Broken Destiny, because multiplayer mode for God of War would probably be like a fighting game.
Seriously hoping that they would port Broken Destiny to either PS2 or PS3...